Win A Trabbie Contest

U2LAWoman

• Subscriber

Sure. But I assure you, I couldn't make that one up if I tried, and, well, wouldn't. 

You will find loads of references to it in their Help/feedback area. Here's one instance:

Talenthouse's response to it, basically saying they will no longer allow or tolerate it. I can't believe they didn't start out with a policy against it...

I think you and other artists and participants should still use it. I know I'm going to keep my eye out myself. I am just not going to get too caught up in the "People's choice" award part. It's really the only avenue, that I'm aware of, which allows everyday artists, musicians and so on to have the opportunity to work for some really big name artists, musicians, designers, and so on. The key is looking at the details of the contest very carefully. If it looks too open toward selecting "people's choice" candidates, it will be a total waste of your time. Unless your a stellar network and marketing person who can round up 200+ people to vote for you. Then go for it. I've had a look at some other contests and they, for the most part, appear to be aligned in a way that grants a smaller prize to the "people's choice" and the big awards are given to the person(s) selected by the artist, designer, or musician whom are holding the contest. So everyone get's a fair chance at the contest grand prize. The "people's choice" part is the one that is really all about networking and marketing your tail off for votes. They should rename that one to networking award actually. It would be a more appropriate name for it.

But definitely don't not enter or use Talenthouse because of a few a-holes who buy votes. There are a lot of great opportunities on it. Like this one: http://www.talenthouse.com/dj-kid-capri-mixtape-design

On that note, good luck to all entering the contest. 

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, I clicked onto the links provided by shannon above, and here is someones post regarding the issue of making the contest popularity based that I think is really good. I have credited the posted and copied the link for everyone:

http://getsatisfaction.com/talenthouse/topics/competitions_should_not_be_a_popularity_contest

wayne johns 11 months ago

"Talenthouse, this message is intended direct for you!

Why is it after a year of solid complaints about your terrible and disgraceful voting system, that just has no fairness in it's method, system or format of voting; that you have still ignored all these people that have complained and still not done anything about this diabolical voting system?

Nearly a year ago you openly put online that improvements were being made; yet nothing has been done and there most certainly is no evidence of this either! 

You are insulting and angering so many people, very talented people who's work should be judged fairly for these so called competitiions; people who's talents, skills and hard work deserve to be judged with the correct attention and upmost respect, with a system of judging that is fair and just for everyone entering images. 

Some of these entrants are clinging on with the hope that 'real judges' may like there work enough to perhaps help break them into the industry with one of your so called clients. 

Popularity votes is not the way and you should be ashamed and embarrassed to be wasting the precious time of the majority of all these good people enterIng. 

Now please for the sake of everyone and a fair voting system; get off your lazy asses and sort this joke of a system out, there's no way on this earth it takes over a year to resolve.

Talenthouse, your competiton voting system is a damn joke! 

Maybe you should look at a prestigious international competition and it's voting system to see how it should be done! 

Try the Hasselblad masters awards for one, come to think of it try any other photo competition they are all better than yours!!"

spicy: the popularity thing and the trying to make people signup on facebook.....ug, is FB sponsoring talenthouse, and is this all to get people to sign up and give over their personal info for marketing reasons?

• Subscriber
LOL! I completely understand where your coming from BB. Believe me. I guess rather than get caught up the voting & popularity aspect, I'm trying to keep it fun. I've had a look see around Talenthouse and there is a dark side to it too. People have even resorted to buying votes to win a contest. I've already had one artist do something questionable which could or could not be considered a form of "borrowing" an idea off of my design. So rather than get upset, I decided well, I must be doing something right if another artist is "borrowing" an idea from me. Karma baby, karma...

Yes, you can vote for more than one. There are a few on my supporters list who are also entered in the contest and we've all agreed to support on another but I definitely respect why people don't. No worries.

Oh and thanks BB, that's me...

ok Shannon, i will click Support on those who are supporting my entry smile.gif if we can vote for each other and help each other get in the top 16 then that's good wink.gif

and who has taken your idea?  

• Subscriber

ok, I clicked onto the links provided by shannon above, and here is someones post regarding the issue of making the contest popularity based that I think is really good. I have credited the posted and copied the link for everyone:

http://getsatisfaction.com/talenthouse/topics/competitions_should_not_be_a_popularity_contest

wayne johns 11 months ago

Why is it after a year of solid complaints about your terrible and disgraceful voting system, that just has no fairness in it's method, system or format of voting; that you have still ignored all these people that have complained and still not done anything about this diabolical voting system?

Nearly a year ago you openly put online that improvements were being made; yet nothing has been done and there most certainly is no evidence of this either! 

You are insulting and angering so many people, very talented people who's work should be judged fairly for these so called competitiions; people who's talents, skills and hard work deserve to be judged with the correct attention and upmost respect, with a system of judging that is fair and just for everyone entering images. 

Some of these entrants are clinging on with the hope that 'real judges' may like there work enough to perhaps help break them into the industry with one of your so called clients. 

Popularity votes is not the way and you should be ashamed and embarrassed to be wasting the precious time of the majority of all these good people enterIng. 

Now please for the sake of everyone and a fair voting system; get off your lazy asses and sort this joke of a system out, there's no way on this earth it takes over a year to resolve.

Maybe you should look at a prestigious international competition and it's voting system to see how it should be done! 

Try the Hasselblad masters awards for one, come to think of it try any other photo competition they are all better than yours!!"

spicy: the popularity thing and the trying to make people signup on facebook.....ug, is FB sponsoring talenthouse, and is this all to get people to sign up and give over their personal info for marketing reasons?
Interesting Spicy, first impressions that's the vibe I got from this. I like what this John Wayne guy had to say. Skill over popularity is the important thing.

[quote name='U2LAWoman wrote:

xtraspicy62']ok, I clicked onto the links provided by shannon above, and here is someones post regarding the issue of making the contest popularity based that I think is really good. I have credited the posted and copied the link for everyone:

Interesting Spicy, first impressions that's the vibe I got from this. I like what this John Wayne guy had to say. Skill over popularity is the important thing.

of course, U2LAWoman. so Im stressed that the true winner will not actually win, and Im concerned that its all about

making people sign up on fb to get not only their info, but the info of their friends who follow them...all just for marketing reasons...

fb has had so many security scandals....

who is getting your information? what new lists will you be added to?

this contest seems less than true....more about pr, marketing, than about pure art....

Sure. But I assure you, I couldn't make that one up if I tried, and, well, wouldn't. 

You will find loads of references to it in their Help/feedback area. Here's one instance:

Talenthouse's response to it, basically saying they will no longer allow or tolerate it. I can't believe they didn't start out with a policy against it...

I think you and other artists and participants should still use it. I know I'm going to keep my eye out myself. I am just not going to get too caught up in the "People's choice" award part. It's really the only avenue, that I'm aware of, which allows everyday artists, musicians and so on to have the opportunity to work for some really big name artists, musicians, designers, and so on. The key is looking at the details of the contest very carefully. If it looks too open toward selecting "people's choice" candidates, it will be a total waste of your time. Unless your a stellar network and marketing person who can round up 200+ people to vote for you. Then go for it. I've had a look at some other contests and they, for the most part, appear to be aligned in a way that grants a smaller prize to the "people's choice" and the big awards are given to the person(s) selected by the artist, designer, or musician whom are holding the contest. So everyone get's a fair chance at the contest grand prize. The "people's choice" part is the one that is really all about networking and marketing your tail off for votes. They should rename that one to networking award actually. It would be a more appropriate name for it.

But definitely don't not enter or use Talenthouse because of a few a-holes who buy votes. There are a lot of great opportunities on it. Like this one: http://www.talenthouse.com/dj-kid-capri-mixtape-design

On that note, good luck to all entering the contest. 
thanks for these links...they are excellent.

this is fascinating.

vote buying?

never even heard of it until now.