Win A Trabbie Contest

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

spicy: the popularity thing and the trying to make people signup on facebook.....ug, is FB sponsoring talenthouse, and is this all to get people to sign up and give over their personal info for marketing reasons?
I'm not sure on the Facebook thing. This is why I have no real personally identifying information in my FB profile.The email address I have it hooked up to is my "spam" email address. I use it for online purchases and basically anything online requiring an email address and I want to protect myself, it also has a great filter & blocking system on it. I have a different personal email which is the one I give to friends & family. Then there is my work email for work and networking use. Sounds convoluted but it's not really. It's not a bad plan for those who are concerned for their privacy. Once you get use to having more than one email, and develop a system, the internet becomes a little less scary. I also am not one to add on or grant access to many apps. That's the key to a successful experience on Facebook,don't accept an invitation for every single app your friends invite you to like birthdays, games, hearts, pokes or so on. I have maybe a handful I use on a regular basis, and grant access to, the others, once I'm done with them I delete them or just not add them if it's for something frivolous.

If you have issues with direct mail, and your in the US, you can sign up to the direct mail service and control who is sending you what, or get rid of it all if you want through here:  https://www.dmachoice.org/dma/member/home.action;jsessionid=B282B934834C8195AD63EC7605EE9417.tomcat2

• Subscriber

spicy: the popularity thing and the trying to make people signup on facebook.....ug, is FB sponsoring talenthouse, and is this all to get people to sign up and give over their personal info for marketing reasons?
I'm not sure on the Facebook thing. This is why I have no real personally identifying information in my FB profile.The email address I have it hooked up to is my "spam" email address. I use it for online purchases and basically anything online requiring an email address and I want to protect myself, it also has a great filter & blocking system on it. I have a different personal email which is the one I give to friends & family. Then there is my work email for work and networking use. Sounds convoluted but it's not really. It's not a bad plan for those who are concerned for their privacy. Once you get use to having more than one email, and develop a system, the internet becomes a little less scary. I also am not one to add on or grant access to many apps. That's the key to a successful experience on Facebook,don't accept an invitation for every single app your friends invite you to like birthdays, games, hearts, pokes or so on. I have maybe a handful I use on a regular basis, and grant access to, the others, once I'm done with them I delete them or just not add them if it's for something frivolous.

If you have issues with direct mail, and your in the US, you can sign up to the direct mail service and control who is sending you what, or get rid of it all if you want through here:  https://www.dmachoice.org/dma/member/home.action;jsessionid=B282B934834C8195AD63EC7605EE9417.tomcat2

• Subscriber

[quote name='BigBunny wrote:

Shannon387']LOL! I completely understand where your coming from BB. Believe me. I guess rather than get caught up the voting & popularity aspect, I'm trying to keep it fun. I've had a look see around Talenthouse and there is a dark side to it too. People have even resorted to buying votes to win a contest. I've already had one artist do something questionable which could or could not be considered a form of "borrowing" an idea off of my design. So rather than get upset, I decided well, I must be doing something right if another artist is "borrowing" an idea from me. Karma baby, karma...

Yes, you can vote for more than one. There are a few on my supporters list who are also entered in the contest and we've all agreed to support on another but I definitely respect why people don't. No worries.

Oh and thanks BB, that's me...

ok Shannon, i will click Support on those who are supporting my entry smile.gif if we can vote for each other and help each other get in the top 16 then that's good wink.gif

and who has taken your idea?  

Awesome! Thanks BB. I think the "people's choice" part is just going out to one person and the 16 finalists, and the one grand prize winner are going to be selected by Anton and Shaughn. *whew* Thank goodness. Here's part of the post from the Home page under the Win a Trabbie article:

"Shaughn and Anton will select 15 submissions which will be created into a collage and featured  here on U2.com and promoted across U2's social media channels. Winners will  receive their own copy of the final collage, a deluxe box-set and a digital camera. A sixteenth - 'People's Choice' - winner will be decided by you."
But I think it would be cool to see the zootops in some of the top spots. I'm definitely all for us supporting one another. 

Edit: Here's the info from Facebook:
1. Host's choice

U2's official designer, Shaughn McGrath and photographer, Anton Corbijn will select 15 submissions [/font]which will be created into a collage and featured on U2.com. The winners will earn global exposure for their work which will be promoted across U2's social media channels and U2.com, alongside a feature about each winner. In addition, the winners will receive:[/font]

• A copy of the final collage
  • Deluxe box-set
  • Digital Camera

2. People's choice - the really should rename this one. It's not people's choice in the true sense. But at least this person is not going to be the grand prize winner, maybe. tongue.gif 
  • The highest voted artist[/font] will have their submission promoted across U2's social media channels and U2.com. In addition the artist will receive:[/font]
  • Deluxe box-set
  • SLR Digital Camera

Shaughn McGrath and Anton Corbijn will select one overall winner (from the pool of 16 submissions) who will receive a custom designed, original Achtung Baby styled Trabant car.
  • Subscriber

[quote name='BigBunny wrote:

Shannon387']LOL! I completely understand where your coming from BB. Believe me. I guess rather than get caught up the voting & popularity aspect, I'm trying to keep it fun. I've had a look see around Talenthouse and there is a dark side to it too. People have even resorted to buying votes to win a contest. I've already had one artist do something questionable which could or could not be considered a form of "borrowing" an idea off of my design. So rather than get upset, I decided well, I must be doing something right if another artist is "borrowing" an idea from me. Karma baby, karma...

Yes, you can vote for more than one. There are a few on my supporters list who are also entered in the contest and we've all agreed to support on another but I definitely respect why people don't. No worries.

Oh and thanks BB, that's me...

ok Shannon, i will click Support on those who are supporting my entry smile.gif if we can vote for each other and help each other get in the top 16 then that's good wink.gif

and who has taken your idea?  

Awesome! Thanks BB. I think the "people's choice" part is just going out to one person and the 16 finalists, and the one grand prize winner are going to be selected by Anton and Shaughn. *whew* Thank goodness. Here's part of the post from the Home page under the Win a Trabbie article:

"Shaughn and Anton will select 15 submissions which will be created into a collage and featured  here on U2.com and promoted across U2's social media channels. Winners will  receive their own copy of the final collage, a deluxe box-set and a digital camera. A sixteenth - 'People's Choice' - winner will be decided by you."
But I think it would be cool to see the zootops in some of the top spots. I'm definitely all for us supporting one another. 

Edit: Here's the info from Facebook:
1. Host's choice

U2's official designer, Shaughn McGrath and photographer, Anton Corbijn will select 15 submissions [/font]which will be created into a collage and featured on U2.com. The winners will earn global exposure for their work which will be promoted across U2's social media channels and U2.com, alongside a feature about each winner. In addition, the winners will receive:[/font]

• Deluxe box-set
  • Digital Camera

2. People's choice - the really should rename this one. It's not people's choice in the true sense. But at least this person is not going to be the grand prize winner, maybe. tongue.gif 
  • The highest voted artist[/font] will have their submission promoted across U2's social media channels and U2.com. In addition the artist will receive:[/font]
  • Deluxe box-set
  • SLR Digital Camera

Shaughn McGrath and Anton Corbijn will select one overall winner (from the pool of 16 submissions) who will receive a custom designed, original Achtung Baby styled Trabant car.

Always listen to U2.Their music was with me every step of my life.There is no world other such band, which collapses on the knee and constantly try to positively.And I. ..I dojrzałem to the decision and I recorded a few songs of their repertoire, either by inserting the music the whole heart.Panom from U2 I have for many years on stage, many of the success and health.I Love You-Norbert of polskips. for a number of links to the works of the Repertoire of U2 in my implementation:

Walk On-

All i Want Is You-

Electrical Storm-http://youtu.be/jQVhRWsBhzQ

Streets Have No Name-

All I Wana Is You-

Kite-

thank you for time spent