Win A Trabbie Contest

U2LAWoman

• Subscriber

[quote name='mich40 wrote:

Shannon387 wrote:

U2LAWoman']Anyone notice your comments aren't showing up. I'm writing these heartfelt comments and voooommm....they're not posting!

Gripe #2.  I have supporters who haven't voted for me yet, wtf...
laugh.gif

Gripe #3.  Some of you Zooies haven't voted for me. Thought it was a given.
tired.gif

Gripe #4. (almost done, sorry the way I am) I don't think the people's choice is all that important when you look at it. Voting and networking for votes seems like a game.
frown.gif

Gripe #5. Sorry about my griping, thanks for reading, just my thoughts. It helps me to move on.
laugh.gifsmile.gifsmokin.gif

You and I have some of the same gripes.
tongue.gif
Your preachin' to the choir sister. 
laugh.gifwink.gif
 Yes, the voting is a game and all for ONE slot not all. Not sure people are aware of that.

For those of you having issues with talenthouse, make sure you have talenthouse connected to your facebook account and it is open at the same time you are in talenthouse or it can't "see" you. To see if you are connected via the talenthouse app, look at the upper right hand corner of talenthouse, you should see your name and icon. If you aren't you'll see a little blue facebook button. To connect, click it with your facebook button and follow the prompts. But yes, for talenthouse to work, when you have it connected to Facebook, they both have to be open and you have to be signed on. 

Off to go vote for the new people. I'd love for you all to return the favor.
 Actually strike that, I'm done. I just checked my page and I see many of you are not returning the favor.
ohwell.gif
 It was something we had all initially agreed to. When you come here asking for votes, you return the favor. To those who have, thank you very much!
happy.gif
 Oh, and yes, I do find this all very odd, but I also agree with BB, it's all about supporting one another against the other contestants in the competition. In the end only one person will win the people's choice award. Wouldn't it be great if it were one of us. 
happy.gif

Me too.  I'm done.  It's not about the picture, it's about how many friends you have or how many votes you can get.  One of the top running pictures right now has several Anton pictures in it.  Really?  Should that be acceptable?  I don't think so.

roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

Oh, I know. There are so many in violation of copyrights, using commercial photos, Anton's photos... 

Although all the voting stuff, from what I've seen it appears to be the norm for the voting portion on Talenthouse. It's why initially I told myself, and am still telling myself not to get too caught up in it. It's not been about talent or who deserves to win, it's been about who can network and round up the most votes. I'm just happy that many of these contests, this one included, have the contest going in favor of selecting the top talent by identified expert judges.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='pain_18_ wrote:

muis wrote:

pain_18_']  How do I do that?

- edit

- community sites

I hope this will help you!  
  THAT's the thing..I don't see profile and edit ABSOLutELY nowhere in my visual field !!! The "profile" and edit options only appeared when I was logged in with my account_74615....  Now I have this stuff with log in and join us

strange...........frown.gif contact talenthouse?? feedback??

• Subscriber

muis wrote:

- edit

- community sites

THAT's the thing..I don't see profile and edit ABSOLutELY nowhere in my visual field !!! The "profile" and edit options only appeared when I was logged in with my account_74615....  Now I have this stuff with log in and join us

You have to log on to facebook, keep it on, and enter talenthouse in a different window. They both have to remain open and you signed on for talenthouse to work right since you are connected via facebook. You may also need to re-connect yourself. If you do, when you look at the upper right hand side of talenthouse you will either see your name and icon image, or you will see a little blue facebook button. If it's the facebook button, you need to reconnect. Just click the facebook button and follow the prompts. If that doesn't work, try contacting talenthouse directly.

• Subscriber

muis wrote:

- edit

- community sites

You have to log on to facebook, keep it on, and enter talenthouse in a different window. They both have to remain open and you signed on for talenthouse to work right since you are connected via facebook. You may also need to re-connect yourself. If you do, when you look at the upper right hand side of talenthouse you will either see your name and icon image, or you will see a little blue facebook button. If it's the facebook button, you need to reconnect. Just click the facebook button and follow the prompts. If that doesn't work, try contacting talenthouse directly.

• Community Moderator

[quote name='Shannon387 wrote:

mich40 wrote:

Shannon387']

You and I have some of the same gripes.
tongue.gif
Your preachin' to the choir sister. 
laugh.gifwink.gif
 Yes, the voting is a game and all for ONE slot not all. Not sure people are aware of that.

For those of you having issues with talenthouse, make sure you have talenthouse connected to your facebook account and it is open at the same time you are in talenthouse or it can't "see" you. To see if you are connected via the talenthouse app, look at the upper right hand corner of talenthouse, you should see your name and icon. If you aren't you'll see a little blue facebook button. To connect, click it with your facebook button and follow the prompts. But yes, for talenthouse to work, when you have it connected to Facebook, they both have to be open and you have to be signed on. 

Off to go vote for the new people. I'd love for you all to return the favor.
 Actually strike that, I'm done. I just checked my page and I see many of you are not returning the favor.
ohwell.gif
 It was something we had all initially agreed to. When you come here asking for votes, you return the favor. To those who have, thank you very much!
happy.gif
 Oh, and yes, I do find this all very odd, but I also agree with BB, it's all about supporting one another against the other contestants in the competition. In the end only one person will win the people's choice award. Wouldn't it be great if it were one of us. 
happy.gif

Me too.  I'm done.  It's not about the picture, it's about how many friends you have or how many votes you can get.  One of the top running pictures right now has several Anton pictures in it.  Really?  Should that be acceptable?  I don't think so.

roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

Oh, I know. There are so many in violation of copyrights, using commercial photos, Anton's photos... 

Although all the voting stuff, from what I've seen it appears to be the norm for the voting portion on Talenthouse. It's why initially I told myself, and am still telling myself not to get too caught up in it. It's not been about talent or who deserves to win, it's been about who can network and round up the most votes. I'm just happy that many of these contests, this one included, have the contest going in favor of selecting the top talent by identified expert judges.

Which means there are photos that are amazing that will be overlooked.  And I, for one, am not going to brown-nose to get people to vote for me.

As Larry said, and I totally agree: "I'm not built for the schmooze. I'm not good at small talk. I've got about one hand of friends and a few acquaintances. I'm cautious by nature and I don't like bullshit."

• Subscriber

[quote name='mich40 wrote:

Shannon387 wrote:

mich40']Me too.  I'm done.  It's not about the picture, it's about how many friends you have or how many votes you can get.  One of the top running pictures right now has several Anton pictures in it.  Really?  Should that be acceptable?  I don't think so.

roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

Which means there are photos that are amazing that will be overlooked.  And I, for one, am not going to brown-nose to get people to vote for me.

As Larry said, and I totally agree: "I'm not built for the schmooze. I'm not good at small talk. I've got about one hand of friends and a few acquaintances. I'm cautious by nature and I don't like bullshit."

Yep. I don't mind networking. It's a necessarily evil, but only when I feel it's a productive effort and I'm head to head with those who are out to be helpful and friendly and who will have your back when you ask. Not when it's about seeing how many you can step on to get to the top. But yeah, Larry's right. I don't like bullshit either. wink.gif