ZooTV show in BD.

queiroz76

Hello guys! First of all I must U2 is the best band EVER! I love them all.

I wanna know, theres any chance to ZooTV show be released in Blu-Ray? I'd love it. I've all other BD and, for me, this show is the best one!

People from U2 website, release it in BD sick.gifsick.gifsick.gif

• Subscriber

Someone who knows more can correct me, but I think that the ZooTV shows were shot on TV tape (not 35mm film or better, no HD or anything) so there's no use in releasing a bluray as there will be no quality improvement.

stretching the same quality vdeo to HD resolution won't make it look any better.

It was shot on videotape. Probably at 30 FPS. Blu-Ray would only be an upscale of the 720x576 resolution. Basically doubling the resolution artificially. It never looks good. Digital Video Noise Reduction is added and causes smearing. 360 Rose Bowl was shot on film at 25 FPS so it looks spectacular in HD, but ZooTV sadly would just be an artificial resolution upscaling. Plus Blu Ray is not catching on the same way DVD did. HD Media devices like Roku and Micca are becoming more commonplace with HDTVs in Hawaii and Asia. They play all kinds of file formats from plugged in external hardrives and the intrenet. SONY knows Blu Ray has a limited shelf life.

Did that all make sense? I just had a V8...