Rolling Stone Magazine advice for U2's future...

MacFoley

• Subscriber

U2 is a concept to find GOD: for me it was the right way to listen to U2 over 25 years!

In every 4/5 YEARS i was waiting for a new U2 album: exiting, shiver in what direction will they go:

And i followed in silent fellow-ship!

Tip for U2: ALL THAT YOU CAN`T LEAVE IT BEHIND AND CELEBRATE THE BIG FURTER: U2 HAVE TO DO WHAT IS OUR MISSION: ONE WORLD, ONE LIVE, ONE PLANET, ONE GOAL: ONE KINGDOM: I BELIEVE IN A KINGDOM COME AND ALL THE COLOURS WILL BLEED IN TO ONE!

LOVE AND LIGHT, DETLEV LASSCHE, OLDENZAAL CITY, THE NETHERLANDS. MISS YOU SUGAR!

FINAL CONCERT AT VERTIGO (ESP) ON 10 MAI 2020! THE BIG U2-FINAL AND I WILL BE THERE WITH THE YOUNGEST U2-FANS ON EARTH: SIEB AND JUR LASSCHE! SEE YOU! BY BY: WE ONLY CRY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE ONE ONE ONE ONE ONE..............................................................................................THE VERTIGO-HUNTER!

P.S. IN THE NEXT MONTH: SOME VIDEO-CLIPS WILL ON THE SIDE APEAR!

crikey, settle down...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

And Yeah, MacFoley..They SHould've Included Adelaide, Stockholm, Rotterdam, Washington.. and last but not least...the Dortmund gig...from the ZOOro Leg 1992 of the Zoo tv...but that's life. Also..it's sad 'cause it's the show Adam missed out because of his problems at the time. And excuse me but he can not be replaced..which they had to do..I wonder how hard it was to find an Adam-look-a-like...It was one of the most interesting stories of "U2 by U2".

• Subscriber

When I said U2 weren't a singles band I meant that their best work is heard as a collective, I know they have released many great singles over the years (I too am from the UK), but singles do not and never have shown U2's best work, and have never been the deciding factor in me buying the new album or not, it's only due to Bono's recent comments about radio airplay that really shows how important it really is to them.

I would love nothing more than for U2 to continue creating great, innovative music that will be a radio hit, but unfortunately radio does not play innovative music, it would rather play mass produced pop nonsense.
So where do U2 go from here? Do they abandon their roots in order to avoid irrelevance? I hope not, U2 are not a pop act and never will be, although if any rock band could pull off the transition then U2 can, I just hope they don't.

• Subscriber

u2 use pop music formula and release over produced albums to you know...

beautiful day, stuck in a moment, i'll go crazy=all pop songs if you think about it....

verse, chorus, verse, chorus, middle 8, chorus is mainly the formula of a pop song, and u2 along with alot of bands around them use this formula.

the same formula as gaga portrays it along with justin bieber.

just how it is presented is how it is in what style you portray it.

still some distortion on the guitar, it becomes more rocky. give it some electro drums, it becomes electro.....give the singer a growly voice, it becomes more rock/grunge......

anyway not to go too much into pop music, but u2 do use this formula alot, as do many many artists.

• Subscriber

u2 use pop music formula and release over produced albums to you know...

beautiful day, stuck in a moment, i'll go crazy=all pop songs if you think about it....

verse, chorus, verse, chorus, middle 8, chorus is mainly the formula of a pop song, and u2 along with alot of bands around them use this formula.

the same formula as gaga portrays it along with justin bieber.

just how it is presented is how it is in what style you portray it.

still some distortion on the guitar, it becomes more rocky. give it some electro drums, it becomes electro.....give the singer a growly voice, it becomes more rock/grunge......

anyway not to go too much into pop music, but u2 do use this formula alot, as do many many artists.

@MacFoley : And Then There's The EDge !!

• Subscriber

I think U2 should not be so hung up on commercial success and focus on the creative innovation they have become famous for. Commercial success has always followed when they create a great record, whether or not they think they have 4 hit singles on hand. They are game changers and with the state of the music industry/radio/music as a whole, they need to be the ones who change the game again. They did so in the 90s when they added electronic elements to their music, they did so in 2000 when they brought the idea of a rock band to the fore again and they did so with No Line on the Horizon by adding new elements to their songs. Think about it, when they brought back the idea of four guys in a band playing rock music in 2000, so many great bands and an entirely new movement of alternative rock bands like Franz Ferdinand, Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, etc ensued. They are innovative leaders and have been for the past 30 years. I'd like to see them do it again, not just for the fans, but for the music world as a whole. If they do successfully create an innovative new record, new fans will be there, relevance will be there, and commercial success will be there. They sure grabbed my attention when I was just 11 years old watching the Super Bowl here in the U.S. back in 2002, never having heard of them before. There's no reason they can't have that effect on some young fans today. The rest falls into place from there.

• Subscriber

I think U2 should not be so hung up on commercial success and focus on the creative innovation they have become famous for. Commercial success has always followed when they create a great record, whether or not they think they have 4 hit singles on hand. They are game changers and with the state of the music industry/radio/music as a whole, they need to be the ones who change the game again. They did so in the 90s when they added electronic elements to their music, they did so in 2000 when they brought the idea of a rock band to the fore again and they did so with No Line on the Horizon by adding new elements to their songs. Think about it, when they brought back the idea of four guys in a band playing rock music in 2000, so many great bands and an entirely new movement of alternative rock bands like Franz Ferdinand, Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, etc ensued. They are innovative leaders and have been for the past 30 years. I'd like to see them do it again, not just for the fans, but for the music world as a whole. If they do successfully create an innovative new record, new fans will be there, relevance will be there, and commercial success will be there. They sure grabbed my attention when I was just 11 years old watching the Super Bowl here in the U.S. back in 2002, never having heard of them before. There's no reason they can't have that effect on some young fans today. The rest falls into place from there.

Wooow....You have such a strong point. I couldn't have stated it better......I hope they read this...otherwise if Bono keeps his opinions......Who knows what might happen!!

• Subscriber

[quote name='pain_18_ wrote:

The Champ']I think U2 should not be so hung up on commercial success and focus on the creative innovation they have become famous for. Commercial success has always followed when they create a great record, whether or not they think they have 4 hit singles on hand. They are game changers and with the state of the music industry/radio/music as a whole, they need to be the ones who change the game again. They did so in the 90s when they added electronic elements to their music, they did so in 2000 when they brought the idea of a rock band to the fore again and they did so with No Line on the Horizon by adding new elements to their songs. Think about it, when they brought back the idea of four guys in a band playing rock music in 2000, so many great bands and an entirely new movement of alternative rock bands like Franz Ferdinand, Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, etc ensued. They are innovative leaders and have been for the past 30 years. I'd like to see them do it again, not just for the fans, but for the music world as a whole. If they do successfully create an innovative new record, new fans will be there, relevance will be there, and commercial success will be there. They sure grabbed my attention when I was just 11 years old watching the Super Bowl here in the U.S. back in 2002, never having heard of them before. There's no reason they can't have that effect on some young fans today. The rest falls into place from

I couldn't have put it better myself, this is the point I have tried to make but you have hit the nail on the head there. Commercial success is all well and good but is it really worth selling your artistic soul for?