The first step is the hardest

wahine

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother is flying in from Costa Rica tonight to be with me and figure out a game plan...I have to have all my scans done on Monday, for sure something is going on bigtime, You can't spend 35 years of your life laying on a surfboard and getting your poor boobies get pounded by duck diving big waves. That was the joke behind surfing, real surfer chicks can't have fake boobs..the thing that is so sketchy is my first and only female cousin I ever had was diagnosed with breast cancer at the same age as me, SHE DIED. I guess I should be more concerned than I am, when you come outta your doctors office and the staff is crying and saying they will be praying for me, umm...when the doctor that examined me the look she gave me I WILL NEVER FORGET. It just came outta nowhere is what is scary. I have been feeling like crap for months, this whole past year actually, nothing has gone right. I got my other brother through his cancer, he had skin cancer from surfing his whole life that got way down into his tissue, they had to disassemble his arm and rebuild the muscle, etc. I said I didnt wanna that word again and wham..I think the Lord delights in watching me peak my head around, trying to stand and he slaps me back down LOL. All I know is my brother, Johnny, is flying in from Costa Rica in the morning to be with me and hold my hand through this while we figure out what happens next. Yeah, it appears I may have breast cancer. The MRI's and ultrasounds on Monday will let the doctors know exactly what is going on, but something is wrong..The doctor confirmed something is very wrong. I would feel better if I had insurance right now, my brother will cover me on whatever I need but I really don't like being in the position I'm in right now.My husband is scared to death, I can tell, even though he is like it'll be alright. I just wanna go for a walk with down the beach with my brother and pray together. God's always looked over us. I am kinda numb about it all right now.

• Subscriber

Dear Wahine,

Please keep us posted. My dear friends have survived Stage 4 breast cancers and others Stage 3; some for many years. Sadly, breast cancer is quite prevalent in this area.

Do what you need to do to find out your plan of action.

I am so glad that you have your brother to be w/ you. Yes, walk w/ him and pray. That is good. And, hard as it may seem to believe, He is with you and looking over you as you say.

Much love and prayers to you.

Thanks, he didn't get in until this afternoon we just grabbed a bite to eat and I am not going until Tuesday, we'll spend the day together tomorrow and figure it all out. The weather is suppose to be spectacular while he's here, thank God, since he cannot handle the cold at all.

Dear Wahine, I'm So.. Sorry to hear about your illness. My Prayers are with you. My Boy friend Tony (of Almost ten years) Was diagnosed  with Male Breast Cancer in April 2011. When i found out i was in such a Dark place...  Totally Numb.I was on Every Cancer Chat line, Trying to inform myself with as much as POSSIBLE, Support Group for Loved Ones with Cancer.I don't wish this on Anyone.Since his diagnoses the Cancer his spread to  his other breast.All i  have to say is Tony is a trooper a Surgery, Three rounds of treatment later. Wahine. i know you are going to beat this...I'm here if you Ever need to talk.

• 2 weeks later...

My brother is flying in from Costa Rica tonight to be with me and figure out a game plan...I have to have all my scans done on Monday, for sure something is going on bigtime, You can't spend 35 years of your life laying on a surfboard and getting your poor boobies get pounded by duck diving big waves. That was the joke behind surfing, real surfer chicks can't have fake boobs..the thing that is so sketchy is my first and only female cousin I ever had was diagnosed with breast cancer at the same age as me, SHE DIED. I guess I should be more concerned than I am, when you come outta your doctors office and the staff is crying and saying they will be praying for me, umm...when the doctor that examined me the look she gave me I WILL NEVER FORGET. It just came outta nowhere is what is scary. I have been feeling like crap for months, this whole past year actually, nothing has gone right. I got my other brother through his cancer, he had skin cancer from surfing his whole life that got way down into his tissue, they had to disassemble his arm and rebuild the muscle, etc. I said I didnt wanna that word again and wham..I think the Lord delights in watching me peak my head around, trying to stand and he slaps me back down LOL. All I know is my brother, Johnny, is flying in from Costa Rica in the morning to be with me and hold my hand through this while we figure out what happens next. Yeah, it appears I may have breast cancer.[/font] The MRI's and ultrasounds on Monday will let the doctors know exactly what is going on, but something is wrong..The doctor confirmed something is very wrong. I would feel better if I had insurance right now, my brother will cover me on whatever I need but I really don't like being in the position I'm in right now.My husband is scared to death, I can tell, even though he is like it'll be alright. I just wanna go for a walk with down the beach with my brother and pray together. God's always looked over us. I am kinda numb about it all right now.
and......?