SOPA/PIPA Internet Protest now in effect

Sigma957

• Subscriber

Good presentation, thanks for sharing that....now off you go to Prison!

The U.S. has the same problem with this issue that Japan has with its government and the Big Nuke Power companies.

The Government reps don't understand the issues, so they get raped by the Big Businesses who sidestep reulation with brown evelopes filled with 'donation' money.

The public do nothing, because there's nothing we can do. Corruption has spread too deeply, and I for one certainly don't want to be involved in a violent uprising. But as we've seen in some parts of the world. increasingly there is no non violent solution to these problems and it takes a civil war to depose the corrupt Politicians who do nothing but eat all our taxes and get fat.

tired.gif

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you guys spread the SOPA video I posted to anywhere and everywhere you can? PIPA is due for a vote on 01-24. It's part of a greater murdering of the bill of rights.

I am frankly shocked onbly 4 or 5 people are responding here but over 45 have viewed it. What are you guys afraid of? Guaranteed you're already on some list somewhere anyway.

I wonder if Paul McGuinness realized this would happen.

Can you guys spread the SOPA video I posted to anywhere and everywhere you can? PIPA is due for a vote on 01-24. It's part of a greater murdering of the bill of rights.

I am frankly shocked onbly 4 or 5 people are responding here but over 45 have viewed it. What are you guys afraid of? Guaranteed you're already on some list somewhere anyway.

I only loved you bono.....

cageddog.jpg

sigma what did mc guinness say about sopa...im missing something you keep referring to...please fill me in with links and/or videos...

and i think the lack of post is due to not really understanding what it is, so I posted a fun jon stewart video to help break it down....

plus, for political reasons, a lot of peeps are just too scared to say anything about it on this site

Spicy, that John Stewart clip is hysterical!

I made a post over a month ago with the link to sign petitions to stop SOPA/PIPA and there was hardly any response. People need to wake up. For now a few politicians have changed their support for SOPA, thank goodness, but it's far from over. I've signed a few petitions and have called my Senators and Congressman (unfortunately my Congressman is a total tea party idiot). This is dangerous stuff that's just another step in trying to control the population and eliminating more of our rights, the few that are left. I don't use a smart phone, just a dumb phone for talking and texting, because of the capabilities companies have in knowing more about you, that was all over the news recently. I don't use an I-Pass for our tollway system, it's an eletronic device in your car that allows you to go keep driving through toll booths and charges your credit card when you go through a toll. Having an I-Pass just gives big brother more knowledge about where you are at what time, etc., it's none of their business. They don't always work properly either. I love technology, but you have to be careful with it, how you use it and know what you're doing. When I first went on the internet back in the mid 90's, pretty much it's infancy, and I discovered chat rooms, etc. my first thought was how this is going to change the world, make it smaller, bring people together from all over the world, I could see the amazing potential it had, and it's all come true. Governments have been toppled in small part due to social networking, that's the biggest thing right there. People need to realize what's going on in the good old USofA, it's not the same country I grew up in that's for sure.

spicy, Paul McGuinness considers anyone who downloads a song a pirate, even if they buy it from Amazon. He's unhappy U2's show are freely available for download. He's not the Paul I grew up reading about in Touch the Flame, the fanzines (remember those?), Three Chords and the Truth, U2 the Early Years and so forth.

How different is he from Rupert Murdoch, Walmart, Procter & Gamble, Time Warner, CBS/Viacom now?

CBS/Viacom created and distributed file sharing software for 10 years and then called it piracy. They created piracy. Total hypocrites now seeking to control what you and I see or hear. Youtube is a threat to any group that wants complete control of your life. It scares them because as Anonymous said, WORDS have POWER. Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Reddit, Wikipedia, Google all threaten total control. They want to chip you, stamp you, index you and sell you their products. It's the MATRIX, it's the future in the films Blade Runner, V for Vendetta, Minority Report and the series Babylon 5.

January 24th PIPA is up for vote. I suggest everyone, not just US citizens start policing their government's doings and read up on these bills. The United States forefathers are crying in the afterlife.

And there are much worse things ahead.

This is how Nazi Germany started, one thing at a time.

This is from demandprogress.org:

Wow. We just won.

From the Associated Press:

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said he was postponing a test vote set for Tuesday "in light of recent events."

So, in other words, because of all of us. Absolutely amazing.

Demand Progress has been fighting this legislation for more than a year -- having grown from nothing to over one million members during that period.

We rely on those members to fund our (2-person) operation -- are you able to help out?

Please click here if you're able to chip in 5, 10, or 20 bucks so we can keep on fighting for Internet freedom.

Even the Motion Picture Association's Chris Dodd is awed by what just happened. Here's what he said yesterday:

“This is altogether a new effect,†Mr. Dodd said, comparing the online movement to the Arab Spring. He could not remember seeing “an effort that was moving with this degree of support change this dramatically†in the last four decades, he added.

Thanks so much for your work on this. Will you consider a donation to Demand Progress so we can keep up the fight the next time the Internet comes under attack?

Please click here if you're able to chip in 5, 10, or 20 bucks so we can keep on pushing for Internet freedom, civil rights, and civil liberties.

You're amazing.

-Demand Progress