Why are old members being punished for not renewing membership in time?

rockstars

Yes it's my fault but it just slipped my mind. i.e. worries over job. I've been waiting for this tour since the last one ended, yet because I forgot Iam being put in the same bracket as new members. I am really disappointed. I thought the whole point of a pre-sale was that it was meant to be bias towardslong time members i.e. those who've supported U2 in the past. Not ones who simply registered in time. It would have been nice if some slack could havebeen given.frown.gif

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy - they keep record of your details. I logged in with my old user name/password and they had all my details there. All I'm saying is they shouldrecognise that fact regardless of whether I renewed my subscription before/after 9th March. But they're not.

• Subscriber

Lets see last tour they rewarded members who were paying members in the old fan club. Scalpers are likely to also only open up accounts once tours areannounced. They want to have members who resubscribe so they can make more money, ect... It seems there are a lot of reasons.

Plus it was known for a while that U2 would be releasing an album soon and I don't think you had to be a member for too long to be in the first group.

u2jerry wrote:

I posted on this on the other side...added some ques and points but some see no problems with the seniority system ..but it has its flaws...

It has major flaws. I appreciate what they're trying, I just wish they'd have made some concessions for past members. I've been attending U2 gigsfor the best part of two decades now, yet I feel I've been forgotten about. They're basically Saying:

"Member in the past? But forgot to renew?" "Ha that'll teach you for not paying when there's no tour - feel free to do it now butyou're going to the back of the queue"