Eddie Scott Head of DATA

wahine

Wow, Eddie Scott who is the cofounder of DATA (along with Bill Gates) and Bono's buddies, is having a GIANT FUNDRAISER here starting tomorrow. Its like 20 bands a full marathon, it's incredible what Melbourne Florida is doing this weekend for his other charity he founded The Scott Center for Autism. Even the bridge to our island will be closed!!! Huge party weekend and for a good cause, I am not so much into DATA, or One of whatever organizations he founded but he does do wonderful things here for the community (he lives here) bottom line: I think there is even a band playing at my dads beach, beer is being served along the whole route, food, it's like a non stop party for 48 hours and I am stoked cuz I know there's gonna be some big money raised going to a really good cause locally...20 bands along the route is NUTS!!!! So, is serving up pancakes along the route and beer, and pizza, and its in with the United States Track and Field for Olympic stuff, so bottom line: The dude behind the scenes, that doesn't seem to get the credit he really deserves, is putting on ONE GIANT PARTY FOR AUTISM and Lord willing he can help a bunch of kids. It's called the Melbourne Music Marthon Weekend, and it's 80 degrees and sunny on the beachside, I expect our island will be PACKED!! They are running over both bridges!!

I am assuming all those shirts they have made that are 100% organic are from Edun Live, the t-shirt division of Edun, Ali Hewsons company (God I hope so cuz that will be quite a bit of exposure), if they aren't Edun shirts they better have that contract for next year. There are world famous runners coming, and its a marathon that qualifies you for the Boston Marathon, plus all these huge Boston Marathon runners are coming, it's like a whose who. Even I am excited and the only place I will run to is into the ocean..it would be fun to have a surf contest with it, although I think the guy that is the promoter for this, Mitch Varnes, just substituted the Sebastian Inlet Pro Surf contest for this one for Eddie Scott since the surf contest was cancelled for this year. Anyhow, found the link to it so you can check out what its all about, I am very, very proud that our community is going all out for kids with Autism and helping to find a breakthrough. Next year they should run the course right past my house and the beach instead of sticking to the lagoon....If Eddie did this with DATA/ONE I can only imagine how fast his other charities are going to go off as well, I wish he would put more attention on his orphanages, there are so many families here just waiting for a child to love. Here's a link to our cities big festival: http://www.themelbournemarathon.com/