Wanted---Strength

xtraspicy62

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great topic Spicey….

Where do I get my strength??…to begin, I will tell you that I suffer from

extremely painful physically limiting multiple injuries that keep me from sleeping and that often I do not know if I have enough strength to make it through the night.

In my last poem/lyric LIFT UP, I wrote:

Play it past forward, and see it all done

To even pass through it, and into the dawn

….this poem reflects on how I have to see even farther past the pain to a new day ahead where I find strength in the morning sun.

….I find strength when my wife smiles, holds me and says I know it hurts but everything will be OK

….I find strength when my friend sings and plays for me U2 songs from across the bay.

….I find strength when I see or hear kind words, even right here in the zoo

….I find strength when I see kind people unselfishly doing go works for humanity

….I find strength in silence and solitude, and in the mystical fascination of nature

….I find strength when I watch the waters flow, mist and turn to ice

….I find strength in the moon and stars and the sounds of the night

….I find strength when I see truth, integrity and love

….I find strength in knowing that every painful step that I take will

be planted firmly to lead me forward onto a new path

….but most of all, the greatest of my strength always comes from above!

god bless

Another great topic Spicey….

Where do I get my strength??…to begin, I will tell you that I suffer from

extremely painful physically limiting multiple injuries that keep me from sleeping and that often I do not know if I have enough strength to make it through the night.

In my last poem/lyric LIFT UP, I wrote:

Play it past forward, and see it all done

To even pass through it, and into the dawn

….this poem reflects on how I have to see even farther past the pain to a new day ahead where I find strength in the morning sun.

….I find strength when my wife smiles, holds me and says I know it hurts but everything will be OK

….I find strength when my friend sings and plays for me U2 songs from across the bay.

….I find strength when I see or hear kind words, even right here in the zoo

….I find strength when I see kind people unselfishly doing go works for humanity

….I find strength in silence and solitude, and in the mystical fascination of nature

….I find strength when I watch the waters flow, mist and turn to ice

….I find strength in the moon and stars and the sounds of the night

….I find strength when I see truth, integrity and love

….I find strength in knowing that every painful step that I take will

be planted firmly to lead me forward onto a new path

….but most of all, the greatest of my strength always comes from above!

god bless

THAT is truly beautiful....You are awesome

• Subscriber

side note - I've had to rewrite this post 4 X's, it keeps disappearing..wt...

Someone who listens and understands you and is able to communicate with you well. God, friends, sister, zoo people. 

Also, I just have to look around my surrounding and find things, people who help me to see things differently. Outside the box, deep things like that.

• Subscriber

How have you survived a tough time or situation? 

What got you through?

Can you share anything that you found helpful?

Uplifting and positive ideas welcomesmile.gif

My friends are my strength and I hope that when my friends need to get a difficult time that I am their strength in return

• Subscriber

I hope you find the strength that you need!!! I find mine from God, my family, my friends. I think of ways in which I have been blessed which are many, but so easy to forget about when troubles multiply. Prayer keeps me more positive than I would ever be on my own. Talking it out, crying it out with friends helps me to get rid of my fears so that the positive can sneak back in. Maybe it's just me, but when things get bad and I feel hopeless, I have to wallow in it for awhile before I can let it go. Ultimately I picture God holding me up and guiding me. I hope that helps and I hope that you find what will work for you.

• Subscriber

There is nothing better than the power of prayer to comfort me during my sorrow. Having an open heart to let Jesus fill it with his spirit is the most joyous feeling ever! My father has been very frail for the past three years and has nearly died several times with the latest scare being right before Christmas. He is a religious man, great father, husband, and the solid rock of our family. This prolonged suffering. has many times given my family pain, sorrow, hope, anger, exhaustion, and the ultimate question of, "Why, God?'

36 months of trials and tribulations of my Dad's illness has had an enormous impact on me emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Along with prayer, I have turned to U2's songs and lyrics to allow me to "sing my heart out," in order to release my pain.

"Hey, if God will send his angels, and if God will send a sign,and if God will send his angels, would everything be alright?"

You may think I'm totally crazy, but small insignificant images have played a role in boosting my spirits. It may be a piece of gum blackened  on the sidewalk that was oddly smashed in the shape of a heart. It may be a glimpse of a rainbow in the sky on my way to work. It may be a sudden urge to switch radio channels only to find part of a U2 song playing there. It could be during a work break watching the fizz of my freshly poured soda swirling,  forming into a heart. It could be that moment  when I walked back into the store to pick up a forgotten item when the intercom starts playing a U2 favorite. To me, these are God sending his angels to lift my day and light up my night!

I cope by letting Jesus take my burden and  let him open my heart to receive  his little signs of love in my everyday life!roll.gif

• Subscriber
There is nothing better than the power of prayer to comfort me during my sorrow. Having an open heart to let Jesus fill it with his spirit is the most joyous feeling ever! My father has been very frail for the past three years and has nearly died several times with the latest scare being right before Christmas. He is a religious man, great father, husband, and the solid rock of our family. This prolonged suffering. has many times given my family pain, sorrow, hope, anger, exhaustion, and the ultimate question of, "Why, God?'

36 months of trials and tribulations of my Dad's illness has had an enormous impact on me emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Along with prayer, I have turned to U2's songs and lyrics to allow me to "sing my heart out," in order to release my pain.

"Hey, if God will send his angels, and if God will send a sign,and if God will send his angels, would everything be alright?"

You may think I'm totally crazy, but small insignificant images have played a role in boosting my spirits. It may be a piece of gum blackened  on the sidewalk that was oddly smashed in the shape of a heart. It may be a glimpse of a rainbow in the sky on my way to work. It may be a sudden urge to switch radio channels only to find part of a U2 song playing there. It could be during a work break watching the fizz of my freshly poured soda swirling,  forming into a heart. It could be that moment  when I walked back into the store to pick up a forgotten item when the intercom starts playing a U2 favorite. To me, these are God sending his angels to lift my day and light up my night!

I cope by letting Jesus take my burden and  let him open my heart to receive  his little signs of love in my everyday life!roll.gif

That was really touching Bethyjane.

I try to look for meaning in those seemlingly small things too, to help me through or to show me a sign.  Song lyrics for example (especially U2's), often help me to look at things another way or help encourage me through whatever is going on.   Also,  like Illumination and 123love, God and prayer help as well as being able to talk to my husband and a very close friend can help, especially if I need to vent.