10th Anniversary of the Best Super Bowl Halftime Show EVER!!!

Allegra

The NFL needs to be reminded of how a Super Bowl half-time show should be. Actually playing live is more easier to do than trying to cover up an artist's inability to perform well. It involves more people than just the band and crew. Black Eyed Peas is a great example of this.

After watching today's performance on Youtube, because we don't give a rats about American football here in Australia, it was entertaining I'll give Madonna that. But heck, if I could lip-sync her songs as well as she can and have 500 dancers all around me to distract everyone from the fact I wasn't singing properly - get LMFAO on board to sing a snatch of their recent hits in a cynical attempt to give myself some newly needed pop cred - AND steal a whole heap of stage show theatrics from Kylie Minogue's last World tour - then heck, I guess I'd be Madonna. :P

• Subscriber

What i felt a little strange watching that performance was the way the curtain with all the names of people that lost their lives on 9/11, simply falls down. What was the message the band were saying?

Notice how it falls down, like how the tower fell down.

Or do people not think about these type of things?

What i felt a little strange watching that performance was the way the curtain with all the names of people that lost their lives on 9/11, simply falls down. What was the message the band were saying?

Notice how it falls down, like how the tower fell down.

Or do people not think about these type of things?
The curtain incident wasn't planned. I've heard people that worked that halftime show, say that curtain got stuck at the bottom (while it was going up). If you look closely, you can still see a bit of the name going up...being projected on the back parts of their stage/gear. The projector was then turned off before their set ended.