Preschooler’s Homemade Lunch Replaced with Cafeteria “Nuggets�

Sigma957

In my opinion, the lunch the Mother packed is far more nutritious than those chicken nuggets/crap the school "forced" this preschool girl to eat instead.

I also believe the individual who was "inspecting" those preschoolers lunches was setting up/bullying this poor child all in the name of getting more $$ to help out the cafeteria.

I'm told it's not an isolated event. Federal "government" intervention in private individuals lives. What better way to create friction/distrust between a mother and her child then by telling the child your mom is a terrible person for giving you nutritious food.

In other news an unarmed man was shot 4 times by Hawaii police tonight on a rooftop in Honolulu. Cops said he had a sharp object in his hand so they shot him 4 times. What??? Not acording to public witnesses all over the street who could see what was going on. The man was surrendering when they put 4 bullets into him.

Welcome to the police state formerly known as the islands of Hawaii.

I'm told it's not an isolated event. Federal "government" intervention in private individuals lives. What better way to create friction/distrust between a mother and her child then by telling the child your mom is a terrible person for giving you nutritious food.

In other news an unarmed man was shot 4 times by Hawaii police tonight on a rooftop in Honolulu. Cops said he had a sharp object in his hand so they shot him 4 times. What??? Not acording to public witnesses all over the street who could see what was going on. The man was surrendering when they put 4 bullets into him.

Welcome to the police state formerly known as the islands of Hawaii.

My condolences to the little girl and her family because it's never fun to be "singled out" in front of your peers even if it wasn't an isolated incident.  My concern is I just hope this child isn't bullies as a result because when a kid is singled out by an adult (teacher, administrater,etc.) it's setting up the grounds for future bullying by their classmates.

• Community Moderator

The girl’s turkey and cheese sandwich, banana, potato chips, and apple juice did not meet U.S. Department of Agriculture guidelines, according to the interpretation of the person who was inspecting all lunch boxes in the More at Four classroom that day. 

The Division of Child Development and Early Education at the Department of Health and Human Services requires all lunches served in pre-kindergarten programs — including in-home day care centers — to meet USDA guidelines. That means lunches must consist of one serving of meat, one serving of milk, one serving of grain, and two servings of fruit or vegetables, even if the lunches are brought from home. 

Ok, the girl had turkey (meat), cheese (dairy), bread (grain), banana and apple juice (2 fruits).  Of course I wasn't there to see the lunch so I might be pushing it on the grain and fruit.  But really????  I've been at my kids' schools enough to know that just because they put that stuff on their plates, that doesn't mean they are eating it.  It's amazing how much food gets thrown away.  And quite frankly it needs to be thrown away, it looks so gross.  I bet that school just set itself up for a lawsuit.

The girl’s turkey and cheese sandwich, banana, potato chips, and apple juice did not meet U.S. Department of Agriculture guidelines, according to the interpretation of the person who was inspecting all lunch boxes in the More at Four classroom that day. 

The Division of Child Development and Early Education at the Department of Health and Human Services requires all lunches served in pre-kindergarten programs — including in-home day care centers — to meet USDA guidelines. That means lunches must consist of one serving of meat, one serving of milk, one serving of grain, and two servings of fruit or vegetables, even if the lunches are brought from home. 
Ok, the girl had turkey (meat), cheese (dairy), bread (grain), banana and apple juice (2 fruits).  Of course I wasn't there to see the lunch so I might be pushing it on the grain and fruit.  But really????  I've been at my kids' schools enough to know that just because they put that stuff on their plates, that doesn't mean they are eating it.  It's amazing how much food gets thrown away.  And quite frankly it needs to be thrown away, it looks so gross.  I bet that school just set itself up for a lawsuit.

Good they deserve it as a result of their stupidity and greed!!

I'm with you !I prepare most meals at home! I hate fast food it's Garbage!!! Took me a LONG Time to Face the Facts. Plus I have a Little One Looking up to me.Even if i didn't have my little guy , I would eat the way i do.