RIP Davy Jones

mich40

I had the great honor of doing monitors for Davy Jones. For the 12 shows I worked with him, he was one hell of a nice guy. His wife, Jessica, was always beside him...also performing with him. He talked about his family, and his love for horses a lot. I remember when he asked me if I was going to take his wife and band out for a good time. I asked him why he didn't want to go, and he said that he was too old to be hanging out late...lol I do remember him mentioning about taking medication for his heart too. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, his band and his friends. R.I.P. Mr. Davy Jones!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the great honor of doing monitors for Davy Jones. For the 12 shows I worked with him, he was one hell of a nice guy. His wife, Jessica, was always beside him...also performing with him. He talked about his family, and his love for horses a lot. I remember when he asked me if I was going to take his wife and band out for a good time. I asked him why he didn't want to go, and he said that he was too old to be hanging out late...lol I do remember him mentioning about taking medication for his heart too. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, his band and his friends. R.I.P. Mr. Davy Jones!!
You were so lucky to work with him. I've been obsessing about everything Davy since the sad news.  I haven't read one bad thing from anyone who knew or worked with him.  Everyone states what an incredibly nice guy he was.  He was still taking care of his old friend Basil Foster, the man he apprenticed with to be a jockey but pushed Davy to go into show business, great story http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/racing/article-2102648/The-Monkees-frontman-Davy-Jones-repaying-Newmarket-trainer-setting-road-stardom.html#comments

I had read some nasty gossip regarding his wife Jessica and possible physical abuse by her to Davy.  I hope it wasn't true.

bflorendo, you saying Davy mentioned taking meds for his heart.  That's the first I've heard of that.  His oldest daughter, Talia, said he'd been complaining of chest pains leading up to his death, but passed it off as indegestion because he'd had a stress test and passed and Dr. said he had the heart of a 25 year old.  Talia was upset that more extensive testing hadn't been done on his heart due to the chest pains.  I think his untimely death could've been prevented.  She also said his lifestyle of travelling from country to country was stressful and he was always trying to do too much for other people.  His big generous, loving heart finally gave out :(

There was a fan oriented memorial for him today at his home in Beavertown, PA.  Pieces of my youth are just slowly being chipped away, he was a big piece.

His youngest daughter, Annabel, is a singer/songwriter, she's only 23 or so.  Her blog http://whitethroat.tumblr.com/

[quote name='surrenders wrote:

bflorendo']I had the great honor of doing monitors for Davy Jones. For the 12 shows I worked with him, he was one hell of a nice guy. His wife, Jessica, was always beside him...also performing with him. He talked about his family, and his love for horses a lot. I remember when he asked me if I was going to take his wife and band out for a good time. I asked him why he didn't want to go, and he said that he was too old to be hanging out late...lol I do remember him mentioning about taking medication for his heart too. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, his band and his friends. R.I.P. Mr. Davy Jones!!

You were so lucky to work with him. I've been obsessing about everything Davy since the sad news.  I haven't read one bad thing from anyone who knew or worked with him.  Everyone states what an incredibly nice guy he was.  He was still taking care of his old friend Basil Foster, the man he apprenticed with to be a jockey but pushed Davy to go into show business, great story http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/racing/article-2102648/The-Monkees-frontman-Davy-Jones-repaying-Newmarket-trainer-setting-road-stardom.html#comments

I had read some nasty gossip regarding his wife Jessica and possible physical abuse by her to Davy.  I hope it wasn't true.

bflorendo, you saying Davy mentioned taking meds for his heart.  That's the first I've heard of that.  His oldest daughter, Talia, said he'd been complaining of chest pains leading up to his death, but passed it off as indegestion because he'd had a stress test and passed and Dr. said he had the heart of a 25 year old.  Talia was upset that more extensive testing hadn't been done on his heart due to the chest pains.  I think his untimely death could've been prevented.  She also said his lifestyle of travelling from country to country was stressful and he was always trying to do too much for other people.  His big generous, loving heart finally gave out :(

There was a fan oriented memorial for him today at his home in Beavertown, PA.  Pieces of my youth are just slowly being chipped away, he was a big piece.

His youngest daughter, Annabel, is a singer/songwriter, she's only 23 or so.  Her blog http://whitethroat.tumblr.com/Jessica, his wife, is also a very nice person. She also performed on his shows, dancing flamenco. I remember him talking about his house in PA. During performances, he wore an in-ear monitor in his right ear, coz he couldn't hear as well in that ear. I also feel bad for his band, coz they're all still young and great to work with. Although Davy and Mickey Dolenz toured separately, they have tremendous respect for one another. Davy was more of the social one, while Mickey was more reserved, and kept to himself (didn't really see it in public appearances).