Kony 2012

mrn42

• Subscriber

I Love this!! putting a face and a name to a problem makes it easier to know what to fight and how to do it. 2012 is not the end of the world, but the beginning of a new era and this, I believe, is a sign of it!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

It's not a bandwagon, and I'm not one to follow the masses because someone I admire told me to. It will make me stop and see what they have to say then look into it myself and form my own opinion. I support the charity's efforts to educate people on who Joseph Kony is. Although I would encourage people to investigate the charity thoroughly prior to donating money, and that goes for any charity. 

Kony and his men have committed atrocious crimes against humanity yet much of the world have no idea who he is. Putting a face, a name, and a spotlight on those crimes being committed are the first step toward stopping this. Although yes this has been going on for years and I think it's naive to think that arresting Joseph Kony will stop this from happening. Just as killing Osama Bin Laden isn't going to stop the crimes committed in the Middle East from happening. It will however make a significant dent in their efforts, but you can bet there will be someone standing behind him to take his place. These men don't get where they are without help. But showing the world in a way that will capture their attention that this is happening is a start. But people should dig deeper and further educate themselves on this prior to donating and getting involved. Support the charity or not, they got the world to pay attention and Joseph Kony is being talked about. His anonymity is diminishing.
  • Subscriber

It's not a bandwagon, and I'm not one to follow the masses because someone I admire told me to. It will make me stop and see what they have to say then look into it myself and form my own opinion. I support the charity's efforts to educate people on who Joseph Kony is. Although I would encourage people to investigate the charity thoroughly prior to donating money, and that goes for any charity. 

Kony and his men have committed atrocious crimes against humanity yet much of the world have no idea who he is. Putting a face, a name, and a spotlight on those crimes being committed are the first step toward stopping this. Although yes this has been going on for years and I think it's naive to think that arresting Joseph Kony will stop this from happening. Just as killing Osama Bin Laden isn't going to stop the crimes committed in the Middle East from happening. It will however make a significant dent in their efforts, but you can bet there will be someone standing behind him to take his place. These men don't get where they are without help. But showing the world in a way that will capture their attention that this is happening is a start. But people should dig deeper and further educate themselves on this prior to donating and getting involved. Support the charity or not, they got the world to pay attention and Joseph Kony is being talked about. His anonymity is diminishing.
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber

Let's clear this thing first. I AM in favour of stopping Kony.

But the military action Invisible Children are demanding from the US is wrong on so many levels. If they tried to arrest Kony, it seems rational that he wouldn't want to go down without a fight. His army would go out - consisting of children. The US soldiers would be going out there to fight Kony's army, and because it consists mainly of children, they'd be killing the people they're trying to help.

Let's clear this thing first. I AM in favour of stopping Kony.

But the military action Invisible Children are demanding from the US is wrong on so many levels. If they tried to arrest Kony, it seems rational that he wouldn't want to go down without a fight. His army would go out - consisting of children. The US soldiers would be going out there to fight Kony's army, and because it consists mainly of children, they'd be killing the people they're trying to help.

They have been killing woman and children in the middle east for years now. That shouldn't bother them.

Archived