Rehashing old/rarely played U2 songs live.

bflorendo

Ok, I know their new album hasn't come out yet. However, what rarely/never before played U2 song(s) would you like them to play on their next tour (considering it's not their last "greatest hits" tour)? Which regular songs need a break? It seems songs like Acrobat and Red Hill Mining will never be played live due to its meaning or the vocal range requirements.

In:

Hawkmoon 269

Wire

God II

Like A Song

Mofo

A Sort Of Homecoming

Out:

Mysterious Ways

One

Elevation

With Or Without You

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

Moment Of Surrender

• Subscriber

Ok, I know their new album hasn't come out yet. However, what rarely/never before played U2 song(s) would you like them to play on their next tour (considering it's not their last "greatest hits" tour)? Which regular songs need a break? It seems songs like Acrobat and Red Hill Mining will never be played live due to its meaning or the vocal range requirements.

In:

Hawkmoon 269

Wire

God II

Like A Song

Mofo

A Sort Of Homecoming

Out:

Mysterious Ways

One

Elevation

With Or Without You

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

Moment Of Surrender

I'd keep One. Take out WOWY for sure. 

I'd love to see some POP, Gone for example, although a stronger MOFO would be amazing. Can they pull it off though?

For acoustic, leave Stuck hidden and bring Horses, Drowning Man and In God's Country. 

Realistically, though, they'll bring back some HTDAAB song and perhaps A Sort of Homecoming

• Subscriber

the songs i would love to see given a(nother) chance are: Kite; Two Hearts Beat As One; Gloria; Surrender, A Sort of Homecoming and, from Pop, Gone and Wake Up Dead Man. 

obviously there's not room to put them all into one show but across a tour would be good.. 

and the songs to lose..? perhaps New Years Day; Beautiful Day; Mysterious Ways; The Fly

• Subscriber

I would like to see U2 do what The Cure did and that is to tour the first 3 albums live with an encore of b-sides and rare songs from the 1979-1983 era.

Screw the setlists and songs coming in or coming out. First 3 albums live would be BOSS!

I would like to see U2 do what The Cure did and that is to tour the first 3 albums live with an encore of b-sides and rare songs from the 1979-1983 era.

Screw the setlists and songs coming in or coming out. First 3 albums live would be BOSS!

That would be great! Even doing what Roger Waters is doing...Dark Side of the Moon tour (which was amazing!) and The Wall tour (great 3D video wall!!!). I should've said rehashing track from pre-Achtung Baby days....that would make it more interesting. Apart from my list earlier, I'd like them to do Surrender again...have Adam play some slap bass again. Larry throwing in a drum solo (would be  a 1st!) before leading into I Threw A Brick/A Day Without Me. Although Tomorrow might be tough for Bono to sing (about losing his mom), it would be great live. Just for the hell of it (they've got the money) play Cry/Electric Co./Send In The Clowns! Things To Make And Do would be a great intro or encore starter.

• Subscriber

Many artists are doing albums live now.

I would like to see U2 follow suit.

Highlights for me on the 360 tour was the unforgettable fire bad mlk and pride. 4 songs from that album at Cardiff.

It was amazing. Imagine....

Tour one boy October war live

Tour two unforgettable fire Joshua tree rattle and hum songs

Tour three achtung baby zooropa pop

Mmmmm

Many artists are doing albums live now.

I would like to see U2 follow suit.

Highlights for me on the 360 tour was the unforgettable fire bad mlk and pride. 4 songs from that album at Cardiff.

It was amazing. Imagine....

Tour one boy October war live

Tour two unforgettable fire Joshua tree rattle and hum songs

Tour three achtung baby zooropa pop

Mmmmm

Yeah, those tour ideas would be great.....come to think of it, all 3 would surpass tour four: ATYCLB, HTDAAB and NLOTH.