22 young lives lost.... (and counting)

barbara1

• Subscriber

i'm so sorry to hear that janette. what a horrible experience and memory that must be to you. {{hugs to you}}
 i was never confronted with any serious accident in my family, but i can tell you all losing a child is something you never recover from. i've seen my parents change into totally different persons when it happened to them. and tho they managed to stay together, i sometimes wonder to what cost.... they will never be the same again, and for me it was the moment i lost my age of innocence.
and i know people mean well with using lines bout god and angels, but those words make me shiver and more determent that i don want anything to do with such a cruel god.
It's hard Barbara, so many awful and horrendous things do occur to each and every day and I have to think why..why God and I'm sorry Janette this bus crash has brought out this awful memory. My parents lost a baby early in their marriage, but it caused them to have many more. Seven more kids. Also, in my family I have lost three cousins from violence and murder, that's another story but what I'm trying to say is. No matter how or why, losing a child is the worst thing. This story scares me because I ride the bus quite frequently. It's cheaper and so easy and I can jump on it anytime to go anywhere at a moment's notice. Not the greyhound, I would never take a greyhound. However, I've never had any problems or drama and I feel quite safe all the time, or I wouldn't ride. This story is so sad too because they just got back from a snow trip and had no idea what was coming. None of us do really, we just sit tight all the time and hope everything goes well for us and appreciate all the happiness we have in front of us each day. My prayers go out to the families.

• Subscriber

Whilst not forgetting the sudden tragedy of any person dying in such circumstances there's something heartbreakingly sad when it's young lives, like they never got a chance to be who they were going to be. Unimaginable to be a parent of one of them.

• Subscriber

Oh God, this night I received the news that only 2 kids I know are on that bus. 2 kids I both know very well. The news of the first one was relieving! She's alive, she's not seriously injured.. compared to the other kids of course. She has 2 broken arms and 2 broken legs. The news of the second one came a bit later. The Belgian government prepared 2 military jets to take the parents to Switzerland, but the parents (good friends of my parents) already went to look for their child immediately after the news reached them. Full of good hope they drove all the way to Switzerland. After arriving the police, or whatever, the guys who're working there, told them they lost their child. I'm heartbroken. School was hell. No concentration, it's so ****** unfair! It's so horrible! Those parents were looking forward to their little kids coming home from their first ski trip. They went to bed, with the feeling they could take their kid in their arms the next morning. But around midnight they were called by men saying their child might be dead. 22 families were unlucky!

• Subscriber

Oh God, this night I received the news that only 2 kids I know are on that bus. 2 kids I both know very well. The news of the first one was relieving! She's alive, she's not seriously injured.. compared to the other kids of course. She has 2 broken arms and 2 broken legs. The news of the second one came a bit later. The Belgian government prepared 2 military jets to take the parents to Switzerland, but the parents (good friends of my parents) already went to look for their child immediately after the news reached them. Full of good hope they drove all the way to Switzerland. After arriving the police, or whatever, the guys who're working there, told them they lost their child. I'm heartbroken. School was hell. No concentration, it's so ****** unfair! It's so horrible! Those parents were looking forward to their little kids coming home from their first ski trip. They went to bed, with the feeling they could take their kid in their arms the next morning. But around midnight they were called by men saying their child might be dead. 22 families were unlucky!
Maarten my condolences that you are so close to all of this and knowing two people involved in this. This must be such a difficult and traumatic time for you and your family as well as the families of both the children. There are never the words for something like this - everything sounds so hollow, but you are all in my thoughts xxx

• Subscriber

Maarten, I feel so bad for you and for all those involved. I'm so sorry that this has happened and I am sending my thoughts and prayers. Zhivvy is right, everything sounds hollow and I wish that I had words to comfort you, but I don't . . . . I am just so sorry!!!