NLOTH debuts at #1

In case you missed this from the homepage............

From Australia and Canada to the US and the UK, 'No Line On The Horizon' has shot to the top of the charts all over the world in its first week ofrelease.

The new album has debuted at number 1 in 30 major territories around the world: UK, USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore,Philippines, Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Holland, Hungary, Iceland,Mexico, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Switzerland.

I agree Mac, but this brilliant album has songs that are so much better as candidates for a first release single than 'Boots' was.

One that comes to mind is Magnifcent. It's got everything that makes it perfect for radio play and would appeal to the general public / non U2 fans andpart time fans.....which in turn would get their inquistive minds into the record stores to buy the album.

I just reckon Boots was a poor decision as a first up single release.

Sure the single didn't appeal to me whatsoever, but a lot of others liked it. Actually I went out to dinner last week with 3 friends from work and none ofthem were U2 fans. I was talking about the album and they mentioned how U2 was on Letterman. One girl said she liked the new single. I didn't expect it atall. She may wind up buying the album now. Who knows? I'm sure some will.

In any case, with all the exposure they have gotten with Letterman and GMA recently, it allowed others to hear songs other than Boots. When the next single isreleased, they will give more opportunity too.

U2 will do just fine no matter what song they lead off an album with.