Larry about to be eaten by security guard! Design by Mich40, winning photo by Jake99

xtraspicy62

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Community Moderator

Or some of my pics. At one point, I was almost in tears b/c the one in front of me was at least 6 feet tall and I couldn't see around him. Fortunately, he shifted a bit. But they were literally about 5 feet apart from each other and relentless. There's a point in the show where Bono was trying to interact with a few Zootops right down from me and Brian Murphy (Bono's security guard) actually pushed the security guard out of the way. If I can remember which song it was, there's a video of it on youtube.

All the blobs in the pictures...security guards.

U2Philly086.jpg

U2Philly176.jpg

U2Philly197.jpg

• Community Moderator

I shouldn't complain too much though. One of the girls with us started feeling bad and she had to get out of the crowd for a bit and get some air and water because it was so hot and he made sure she got back to her spot and it was her first time on the rail.

• Community Moderator

Here's a video where you can see Brian tell one to get out of the way. I think I've seen a better one though. It's at about the 49 sec mark. You can see there's about 5 guards in just the screen area alone. At about the minute mark, Bono moves slightly to his left and he's in front of me. :D You can see me and see me take a picture. :P

Here's a video where you can see Brian tell one to get out of the way. I think I've seen a better one though. It's at about the 49 sec mark. You can see there's about 5 guards in just the screen area alone. At about the minute mark, Bono moves slightly to his left and he's in front of me. :D You can see me and see me take a picture. :P
Im pretty sure I can see you holding up your camera for a bit...and taking the picture when he moves to the left....

I also see the big guys just really congregating there in front of you,,so many of them like you said....

that must be a bummer...to wait and wait and struggle to get there and then have to deal with that...

I wonder if there was a threat of some kind we will never know about, in philly...

seems he had extra protection ordered? or no?

how annoying for bono to try and reach out like that...but who knows what was really happening?

does anyone know if the girl at the rail with the very curly hair and white cami is pebs?

I can see myself at 1:02 into the video, left side of screen, blue shirt, green Jameson hat. Hah.
Hi sigma!

I see a guy in a light blue shirt with short sleeves, holding up a camera quite a lot...cant , make out a green hat-looks more like a baseball cap?

Is that you?

• Community Moderator

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

mich40']

Here's a video where you can see Brian tell one to get out of the way. I think I've seen a better one though. It's at about the 49 sec mark. You can see there's about 5 guards in just the screen area alone. At about the minute mark, Bono moves slightly to his left and he's in front of me.
:D
You can see me and see me take a picture.
:P

Im pretty sure I can see you holding up your camera for a bit...and taking the picture when he moves to the left....

I also see the big guys just really congregating there in front of you,,so many of them like you said....

that must be a bummer...to wait and wait and struggle to get there and then have to deal with that...

I wonder if there was a threat of some kind we will never know about, in philly...

seems he had extra protection ordered? or no?

how annoying for bono to try and reach out like that...but who knows what was really happening?

does anyone know if the girl at the rail with the very curly hair and white cami is pebs?

I think, for what I hear, that was just the way Philly security is.  It wasn't the band security, just the stadium staff.  When the band do the catwalk, they always have their security follow them.

And yes, that is Pebs...she was with me.  happy.gif

• Community Moderator

I can see myself at 1:02 into the video, left side of screen, blue shirt, green Jameson hat. Hah.

yep....I have a picture of you.  You were 5 people down from me. Which......did Pebs or I ever ask you if you got any pics of Larry when he was in front of us?

Yeah I have pics, after I return from the James tour I'll look through them and get them posted.

Spicy, yeah that's me with my blue mrnorth shirt.

There was no security concerns but the stadium security just had a really terrible manager who basically ignored Dave Sauter's safety recommendations. They filed the whole GA line through 1 entrance. It was gridlock, people were plastered against the wall. I was going to go inside the pit again but seeing how people were getting rejected on Adam's side for entry I opted just to stay on the outer ring. Aside from that crazy fiasco U2 played the best rendition of 'Magnificent' I'd ever heard.

Stadium security bosses rarely listen to U2's head of security...

pebs and voxare were both there