Where's our $40 U22 CD?

ejj6785

[quote name='Jake99 wrote:

ejj6785']Uh...how long does it take to get this thing ready? It will be time to promote the 2013 package by the time we get it, it seems...

Seems about right in U2.com time. Subs are getting downloads in hopes to get out a positive patience factor. "At least we're getting something!" Meantime this is seriously delayed. Look how long it took to get the final track list. They got your money! It's like Halloween, they got the tricks and make the kids wait for their treats........... 

Yup thats about right................

u2.con used to be an awesome place to come but as has been said many times before it has died a very painful death especially since Liar...ooops sorry Livenation took control £40 for what again please remind me???......and just for the record i'll just wait uintil it's on a torrent site and get it that way.....tongue.gif

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='pain_18_ wrote:

mich40 wrote:

joshthetree']does anyone's download work?

i get the following message

400 - Bad Request

I got that at first, then cleared my cookies and it worked fine.  Try that.

Or log-out and sign back in and try again...that worked for me pimp.gif !

thanks it works, terrificsmile.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='Jake99 wrote:

ejj6785']Uh...how long does it take to get this thing ready? It will be time to promote the 2013 package by the time we get it, it seems...

Seems about right in U2.com time. Subs are getting downloads in hopes to get out a positive patience factor. "At least we're getting something!" Meantime this is seriously delayed. Look how long it took to get the final track list. They got your money! It's like Halloween, they got the tricks and make the kids wait for their treats........... Exactly!...those Live Nation bastards!!!

I think it's about time we all contact the BBB again...we paid and we're getting nothing in return...well, except for the same old shit.

• Subscriber

No wonder why U2 dont come in here, who needs to be reminded of customers like these when your not in control of the matter to a certain point, and if im right, not everybody renews at the same time, its anytime during the year so I wouldn't complain unless the Subscription is up and you got nada from it, they made a promise to get it to you, just not when.. Im happy to be patient

• Subscriber

No wonder why U2 dont come in here, who needs to be reminded of customers like these when your not in control of the matter to a certain point, and if im right, not everybody renews at the same time, its anytime during the year so I wouldn't complain unless the Subscription is up and you got nada from it, they made a promise to get it to you, just not when.. Im happy to be patient
Excuse me?  

I have a right to be mad.  

I've been a Zootopian now for 10 years.  I've been a paying member since December 2004.  They've been pretty good about sending me my stuff in 6 six weeks after I renewed.  Not only that I'm at the top of the renewal list...along with some other old farts like me...that means the "new year" starts with me and people like me.  Live Nation thinks it can just come in here and "sooth" our patience by sending us free downloads.  Well, what in the hell was the $40 for in the first place?  The whole thing is circular and I've been in this circle for too long.  Now back when Artificial Horizon was late, they at least had the heart to send out a notice/article as to when they will be ready.  There's been nothing...nada...as to when U22 will be ready to ship.  It's like they are totally avoiding our questions...which is nothing new either.  

Now I am very patient and I've had all my friends tell me that I have the most patience in the world, but after dealing with U2.com...sorry...U2.con for as long as I have, I have the right to rant.

And as far as the band not being in control...that's bullshit.  They have the most power.  They probably just don't know because they have let Live Nation do all the dirty work for them.  But I tell you what, if anyone in here runs into Bono and the Boys in Dublin in the next few weeks and lets any band member know directly as to what's happening or not happening with U22, then the ball will be rolled a lot faster.  At least a message would be nice as to when it will be released...anything!  How do you think Larry found out about the ticket disaster for the Vertigo tour?  A fan that simply had the balls to tell him what was happening behind the scenes.  After he got wind of it, he made changes right away and apologized on national TV.  U2 trusts their people to do the right thing, but as you know in business, that's not always the case.  They are so high on the totem pole they just can't see what's happening at the bottom, unless someone tells them...directly.

• Subscriber

[quote name='Allegra wrote:

123love']No wonder why U2 dont come in here, who needs to be reminded of customers like these when your not in control of the matter to a certain point, and if im right, not everybody renews at the same time, its anytime during the year so I wouldn't complain unless the Subscription is up and you got nada from it, they made a promise to get it to you, just not when.. Im happy to be patient

Excuse me?  

I've been a Zootopian now for 10 years.  I've been a paying member since December 2004.  They've been pretty good about sending me my stuff in 6 six weeks after I renewed.  Not only that I'm at the top of the renewal list...along with some other old farts like me...that means the "new year" starts with me and people like me.  Live Nation thinks it can just come in here and "sooth" our patience by sending us free downloads.  Well, what in the hell was the $40 for in the first place?  The whole thing is circular and I've been in this circle for too long.  Now back when Artificial Horizon was late, they at least had the heart to send out a notice/article as to when they will be ready.  There's been nothing...nada...as to when U22 will be ready to ship.  It's like they are totally avoiding our questions...which is nothing new either.  

Now I am very patient and I've had all my friends tell me that I have the most patience in the world, but after dealing with U2.com...sorry...U2.con for as long as I have, I have the right to rant.

And as far as the band not being in control...that's bullshit.  They have the most power.  They probably just don't know because they have let Live Nation do all the dirty work for them.  But I tell you what, if anyone in here runs into Bono and the Boys in Dublin in the next few weeks and lets any band member know directly as to what's happening or not happening with U22, then the ball will be rolled a lot faster.  At least a message would be nice as to when it will be released...anything!  How do you think Larry found out about the ticket disaster for the Vertigo tour?  A fan that simply had the balls to tell him what was happening behind the scenes.  After he got wind of it, he made changes right away and apologized on national TV.  U2 trusts their people to do the right thing, but as you know in business, that's not always the case.  They are so high on the totem pole they just can't see what's happening at the bottom, unless someone tells them...directly.

Ranting all you like, won't make the cd come faster for everyone. Sure everyone would love to see some action or movement, and we probably will after the easter holidays, but i ain't going to lose any sleep in the world.

If your friends tell you you have the most patience in the world, when U2 are involved, i suggest you use that patience! 

roll.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

Allegra wrote:

123love']No wonder why U2 dont come in here, who needs to be reminded of customers like these when your not in control of the matter to a certain point, and if im right, not everybody renews at the same time, its anytime during the year so I wouldn't complain unless the Subscription is up and you got nada from it, they made a promise to get it to you, just not when.. Im happy to be patient

Excuse me?  

Ranting all you like, won't make the cd come faster for everyone. Sure everyone would love to see some action or movement, and we probably will after the easter holidays, but i ain't going to lose any sleep in the world.

If your friends tell you you have the most patience in the world, when U2 are involved, i suggest you use that patience! 

roll.gif

Oh I'm patient with U2...just not Live Nation.  Simply put...LN deserves no slack especially when they beat around the bush on purpose and aren't honest with those who've paid.  Sitting quietly saying nothing in regards to how U22 is coming along is just as guilty.  And no, I'm not losing sleep over it either.  I do have a day job, and most of the time I don't think about it...well because like I said...I know how this place operates.  I just feel like being sassy and rant right now.  Also if you haven't noticed, I do have an extremely low post count in here.  That should tell ya something right there.

• Subscriber

[quote name='Allegra wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Allegra']Excuse me?  

roll.gif

Oh I'm patient with U2...just not Live Nation.  Simply put...LN deserves no slack especially when they beat around the bush on purpose and aren't honest with those who've paid.  Sitting quietly saying nothing in regards to how U22 is coming along is just as guilty.  And no, I'm not losing sleep over it either.  I do have a day job, and most of the time I don't think about it...well because like I said...I know how this place operates.  I just feel like being sassy and rant right now.  Also if you haven't noticed, I do have an extremely low post count in here.  That should tell ya something right there.

But do you really know how this place operates? I don't think any fan knows. They claim to, but...

Maybe get in contact with Live Nation, ask them how this place operates. But for anyone to say that, unless your working for U2.com or Live Nation, no one really has any idea.

You have you posting rights for another year, the gift will come later, be happy! smokin.gif