i hate renovations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barbara1

• Subscriber

latest irritations:

tiles: arrival-date got postponed 3 times!!!!mad.gif and when they finally got here, just in time to put in new kitchenfloor during schools easterbreak (as planned since january), the constructor answers our calls saying his pick-up truck is in garage cause needed new painting, so he wont come till end of the easterbreak, means we'll be living in a house without kitchen for almost a week, on schooldays!! (we planned it during schoolholidays cause it takes up so much time driving back and forth to have warm meals at my parents) also means our utilityroom, which is up next to be renovated, wont be ready in time. which means i will have nowhere to put my washer&dryerfrown.gif!
second:
new kitchenceiling: postponed 4 times!!!! we ordered the fake-wooden planking and they told us it would take couple of days to arrive. still no sign and its been more than 2 weeks! (their excuse: we forgot bout easter and bankholidaysick.gif)
in the same store i bought an adhesive window-vinyl which would, according to the seller, reflect sunshine and keep livingroom cool AND (main reason why i bought it!) prevent passers-by to look into our house. (i don like curtains).
took me 2 hours to put the film on the window straight and without bubbles underneath it. result: during daytime: great!!! passers-by only see their own reflection.happy.gif in the evening: as soon as we turned on the lighting we coudnt look through window anymore and passers-by can watch our every move! was not what we asked for!!!mad.gif
so off to shop to buy the frosted-type vinyl we had before and hoping i will be able to cut this stupid (far more expensive!!) one in two pieces and use it on our bedroom window (also southern)....eyes.gif

• Subscriber

Barbara - big big hugs. I know how stressful this is for you right now - but soon, (hopefully soon) you will sit in your beautiful kitchen and living room and every other room and it will have been worth it all xxx

• Subscriber

latest irritations:
tiles: arrival-date got postponed 3 times!!!!mad.gif and when they finally got here, just in time to put in new kitchenfloor during schools easterbreak (as planned since january), the constructor answers our calls saying his pick-up truck is in garage cause needed new painting, so he wont come till end of the easterbreak, means we'll be living in a house without kitchen for almost a week, on schooldays!! (we planned it during schoolholidays cause it takes up so much time driving back and forth to have warm meals at my parents) also means our utilityroom, which is up next to be renovated, wont be ready in time. which means i will have nowhere to put my washer&dryerfrown.gif!
second:
new kitchenceiling: postponed 4 times!!!! we ordered the fake-wooden planking and they told us it would take couple of days to arrive. still no sign and its been more than 2 weeks! (their excuse: we forgot bout easter and bankholidaysick.gif)
in the same store i bought an adhesive window-vinyl which would, according to the seller, reflect sunshine and keep livingroom cool AND (main reason why i bought it!) prevent passers-by to look into our house. (i don like curtains).
took me 2 hours to put the film on the window straight and without bubbles underneath it. result: during daytime: great!!! passers-by only see their own reflection.happy.gif in the evening: as soon as we turned on the lighting we coudnt look through window anymore and passers-by can watch our every move! was not what we asked for!!!mad.gif
so off to shop to buy the frosted-type vinyl we had before and hoping i will be able to cut this stupid (far more expensive!!) one in two pieces and use it on our bedroom window (also southern)....eyes.gif

PS: We only have fitted blinds. Curtains are for old farts!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Subscriber

[quote name='agt wrote:

barbara1']latest irritations:
tiles: arrival-date got postponed 3 times!!!!
mad.gif
and when they finally got here, just in time to put in new kitchenfloor during schools easterbreak (as planned since january), the constructor answers our calls saying his pick-up truck is in garage cause needed new painting, so he wont come till end of the easterbreak, means we'll be living in a house
without
 kitchen for almost a week, on schooldays!! (we planned it during schoolholidays cause it takes up so much time driving back and forth to have warm meals at my parents) also means our utilityroom, which is up next to be renovated, wont be ready in time. which means i will have nowhere to put my washer&dryer
frown.gif
!
second:
new kitchenceiling: postponed 4 times!!!! we ordered the fake-wooden planking and they told us it would take couple of days to arrive. still no sign and its been more than 2 weeks! (their excuse: we forgot bout easter and bankholiday
sick.gif
)
took me 2 hours to put the film on the window straight and without bubbles underneath it. result: during daytime: great!!! passers-by only see their own reflection.
happy.gif
 in the evening: as soon as we turned on the lighting we coudnt look through window anymore and passers-by can watch our every move! was not what we asked for!!!
mad.gif
so off to shop to buy the frosted-type vinyl we had before and hoping i will be able to cut this stupid (far more expensive!!) one in two pieces and use it on our bedroom window (also southern)....
eyes.gif

PS: We only have fitted blinds. Curtains are for old farts!!!!!!!!!!!!exactly. thats why they're banned from my house. plus they are bad for people with allergies (me) anyway. (and its a nightmare to keep them decent with 2 cats who love to sit in front of the window...sick.gif)