30 years next year for U2

wahine

I just realized it is close to 30 YEARS SINCE I SAW U2 LIVE the first time....I feel my age tonight :)

U2 War tour-Orlando Florida First night of summer June 21, 1983. It was incredible. It just concerns me that WTF happened?  I still cannot fathom that next year will make 30 years of listening to U2...I can honestly say there are a bunch of folks who claim to be the old U2 songs folks and don't get the U2 of today, but I do..I think they are just as great today as they were back on that night. For real, they were the same band they are now. It was quite a magical night.

• Subscriber

Because U2 love their fans, and like how God chose you to be born at a certain time and be loved, so did U2 choose to give their special loved fans attention.. And it's the way it has always been, in history, before the world got so poluted and violent, there was always U2, No one can really beat their history in music.. Their talent, and their passion not only for the fans but for the charity they do for the less fortunate..

Picture it like this, you can walk up to the stage and gain the first best grammy with U2 over the years of progression you join them for more and more the fun times watching them grow the memories, but if U2 stop the music, and you end up walking up there with coldplay, it just would never be the same, with the amount and the memories of the successes and fun of U2, it just cannot be exactly the same..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I just realized it is close to 30 YEARS SINCE I SAW U2 LIVE the first time....I feel my age tonight :)
U2 War tour-Orlando Florida First night of summer June 21, 1983. It was incredible. It just concerns me that WTF happened?  I still cannot fathom that next year will make 30 years of listening to U2...I can honestly say there are a bunch of folks who claim to be the old U2 songs folks and don't get the U2 of today, but I do..I think they are just as great today as they were back on that night. For real, they were the same band they are now. It was quite a magical night.
....but i bet you know where you were and what was going on in your life through the soundtrack of U2wink.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='Shannon387 wrote:

newsman']Those were great times to be a U2 fan.

No more. The AB reissue was nothing more than cynical money grab by a once-tremendous band that is quickly becoming irrelevant. I paid $120 for the vinyl box set and soon realized my longttime support means nothing but dollar signs to these fools (nothing more than the album and a few B-sides on blue vinyl). Acts with integrity, such as Jack White and Radiohead, charge far less for the equivalent and make it an experience (see the King of Limbs newspaper special edition for $55). I'm done buying U2's music and paying way too much to go see them being ants on a stage. Hey, McGuinne$$, you've lost another wallet, er, fan.

Hmm... curious... Aren't you the "fan" who keeps coming in here and ranting about how much you don't like U2 or this website anymore and making a grand exit saying your good byes about every few months or so? I thought they "lost" you as a fan a year or two ago. I remember the huge rant you made in your thread saying they had lost you as a fan then. Erm, am I missing something.... so why are you still here?  If they upset you that much why do you keep coming back? Nobody is forcing you to buy any of their music or product. You don't like it, stop buying it. It's that simple. Move on to another artist. That's the beautiful thing about music. You have loads of artist to choose from. 

Yeah i have read a few times that he was "off" and that u2 had lost a "fan"....not that u2 would really give a shit anyway.

• Subscriber

Those were great times to be a U2 fan.

No more. The AB reissue was nothing more than cynical money grab by a once-tremendous band that is quickly becoming irrelevant. I paid $120 for the vinyl box set and soon realized my longttime support means nothing but dollar signs to these fools (nothing more than the album and a few B-sides on blue vinyl). Acts with integrity, such as Jack White and Radiohead, charge far less for the equivalent and make it an experience (see the King of Limbs newspaper special edition for $55). I'm done buying U2's music and paying way too much to go see them being ants on a stage. Hey, McGuinne$$, you've lost another wallet, er, fan.

• Subscriber

Bye then...

• Subscriber

Hmm... curious... Aren't you the "fan" who keeps coming in here and ranting about how much you don't like U2 or this website anymore and making a grand exit saying your good byes about every few months or so? I thought they "lost" you as a fan a year or two ago. I remember the huge rant you made in your thread saying they had lost you as a fan then. Erm, am I missing something.... so why are you still here?  If they upset you that much why do you keep coming back? Nobody is forcing you to buy any of their music or product. You don't like it, stop buying it. It's that simple. Move on to another artist. That's the beautiful thing about music. You have loads of artist to choose from. 

• Subscriber