Best U2 B***s**t you have heard.........

gary-paul

We've all heard them (haven't we??)

U2 stories that usually are nothing more than utter bull-shit... I have heard a few myself  BUT the best one i've ever heard was from a friend who told me that his father was asked in the 70's to manage an upcoming band in Dublin called THE HYPE (He declined) they later changed their name to U2 and were taken under the wing of Mr Paul McGuinness - The rest as they say is history !!!

Now......... Im not saying it was a lie...BUT REALLY !!!???  
REALLY ???

Im a bit sceptical to be honest...A good story though !!! eyes.gif

• Community Moderator

I'm sure you've heard a lot where you live. The best thing I can think of, which isn't really all that exciting and probably only funny if you knew the guy; but I worked with a guy several years ago that was always trying to impress people. He knew that I am a huge U2 fan and tried to tell me that he worked on their lighting crew on ZooTV and he was responsible for the lights at the Georgia Dome show. U2's show was one of the very first events at the Georgia Dome and at the beginning of the show, they could not get the house lights to come down for anything and Bono was getting aggravated because of it. Finally at almost the end of Zoo Station, they got them to go down. So when the guy told me that he was in charge of lights, all I could do was say, "So you're the one that screwed up the lights that night, then?" The look on his face was priceless and he tried to stumble his way out of what he had just told me.

• Subscriber

This one isn't as funny or interesting but I know someone who says they were at a ZOO TV concert because her dad was working as part of the stage crew or something and she was given Larry's drum sticks. She said that her dog got a hold of them and chewed them up and they were thrown away. If that happened to me, I'd still have kept the drum sticks even if they were chewed on by a dog! I am not saying it's neccessarily BS cause since she is my friend I really would like to think she's telling me the truth. But I just can't understand why she'd throw them out!!!

dog germs and saliva

The best BS comes from the band themselves. Anyone recall right after the end of 360 Edge says they have about 40 to 50 songs they are working on? Then Bono replies differently that they have nothing for a new album and are not sure what they have left to offer? Yeah that kind of BS. I believe Edge more than Bono these days.

Yes I am STILL stuck at San Diego International Airport. Oh my GAWD the plane is not repairable. They have to get a bus to get us to LAX. I am not going home today ;o[