RIP Dick Clark

mich40

One the best memories of my entire life was having the honor of going to work with my dad who worked at Dick Clark Productions on Sunset Blvd in the 1970''s.

Came into the office, gold records on the wall....see Dick who gives me a smile and a wink and my dad tells him, "this is my daughter".

Dick gave me an autographed photo and let me look at his Wurlitzer Jukebox for a bit before dad had to get to work.

Dick was so kind as to my dad, getting him guest tickets to various award shows....

Dad and I just cried on the phone a few minutes ago.

Rest in Peace, my friend.

• Subscriber

One the best memories of my entire life was having the honor of going to work with my dad at Dick Clark Productions on Sunset Blvd in the 1970's.

Came into the office, gold records on the wall....see Dick who gives me a smile and a wink and my dad tells him, "this is my daughter".

Dick gave me an autographed photo and let me look at his Wurlitzer Jukebox for a bit before dad had to get to work.

Dick was so kind as to my dad, getting him guest tickets to various award shows....

I'm sorry Spicy. He was a treasure to the American way of life and music. I grew up watching the show every week. That and soul train. Loved watching any of the music shows, sitting there like glue. Also, my cousin was a dancer on the show and that was very exciting as a kid finding him on the dance floor and us kids watching him dance on the show. Good times.

[quote name='U2LAWoman wrote:

xtraspicy62']One the best memories of my entire life was having the honor of going to work with my dad at Dick Clark Productions on Sunset Blvd in the 1970's.

I'm sorry Spicy. He was a treasure to the American way of life and music. I grew up watching the show every week. That and soul train. Loved watching any of the music shows, sitting there like glue. Also, my cousin was a dancer on the show and that was very exciting as a kid finding him on the dance floor and us kids watching him dance on the show. Good times.

He is a treasure, chica, breaking the color barrier and opening doors for new groups who may otherwise have not been given such a glorious opportunity...he treated everyone the same, and gave so many their start.

Its so cool that your cousin was a dancer on the show!

• Subscriber

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

U2LAWoman wrote:

xtraspicy62']One the best memories of my entire life was having the honor of going to work with my dad at Dick Clark Productions on Sunset Blvd in the 1970's.

He is a treasure, chica, breaking the color barrier and opening doors for new groups who may otherwise have not been given such a glorious opportunity...he treated everyone the same, and gave so many their start.

Its so cool that your cousin was a dancer on the show!

Spicy, so true about Dick Clark. Did you hear who else died. Jonathan Frid of Dark Shadows fame. We've talked about him a few times on the board and Tim Burton teamed up with Johnny Depp as Barnabas for a remake. Jonathan Frid makes a cameo as well.

http://www.huffingtonpost...k-s_n_1439085.html?flv=1