What are you doing to celebrate Earth Day this Sunday, April 22?

xtraspicy62

What is Earth Day?

Earth Day is celebrated each year with events held worldwide to increase awareness and appreciation of the Earth's natural environment. Gaylord Nelson, a former Senator from Wisconsin, founded Earth Day which was first held on April 22, 1970. Over 20 million people participated in the first Earth Day, which is now observed on April 22nd each year by more than 500 million people and several national governments in 175 countries.

How do you celebrate & protect the Earth?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Here's the list I follow,

1. Recycle

2. Carpool, public transit,etc.

3. Give to environmental charities (ex:Greenpeace, Sierra Club)

Nice list Illum! I celebrated by going to the movies as I have every Earth Day for the last 4 years. This years Disney nature movie was Chimpanzee.Good film as all the nature film are. This is Oscar. I also recycle everyday and never throw anything away that is recyclable.

earthday.jpg

bilde.jpg

going to recycle today, hazardous waste, like light bulbs, batteries, and unused solvents and cleaners, then recycling unused medications too...

when they go in the landfill, and it rains, then can get into the soil and then run off into our water supply....

harming plants, animals, fish, and humans....

also, going to plant a tree this week end at a nature center....

xxoo

• Subscriber

going to recycle today, hazardous waste, like light bulbs, batteries, and unused solvents and cleaners, then recycling unused medications too...

when they go in the landfill, and it rains, then can get into the soil and then run off into our water supply....

harming plants, animals, fish, and humans....

also, going to plant a tree this week end at a nature center....

xxoo

Spicy, thanks for your post and I'm curious..how do you recycle unused medications? I was thinking about the sunflowers in the other thread and how I used to plant a bunch every spring and summer. Think I'll try to plant a bunch and see what happens. If I'm successful I'll take a photo of them in the summer. smiley-chores001.gif photosmile.gif

Everyday is Earth day here...I did wash my neighbors dogs, he is outta town, so I took them to the vet and gave them their meds, and a bath. THEY ARE TWO PITBULLS so that should tell ya I am kinda hardcore. They act like babies around me, not anyone else, but they are perfect with me. I did them on the step in the pool so the water would go into the pool (the pool was low) so yeah I filled the pool with the water I used from washing them. DONT KNOW HOW HE WILL FELL ABOUT THAT, BUT THAT WAS MY GOOD DEED LOL. I wanted to move my butternut squash to the front garden bed and get busy but I ended up taking a nap and sleeping the afternoon away...I recycle everyday, I even take it to the recycling plant myself since I hate the city doing it and charging me money for it, it costs me $12/month to recycle with them, cant get outta it, so I take it to the plant on the way to the cemetary when I visit my dad. He would like me doing that. I do all kinds of recycling stuff and always clean our beaches after big weekends, I cant stand seeing all the plastic, it kills the sea turtles. So yeah I live it everyday, today I kinda blew it.

[quote name='U2LAWoman wrote:

illumination70']Here's the list I follow,

1. Recycle

2. Carpool, public transit,etc.

3. Give to environmental charities (ex:Greenpeace, Sierra Club)

Nice list Illum! I celebrated by going to the movies as I have every Earth Day for the last 4 years. This years Disney nature movie was Chimpanzee.Good film as all the nature film are. This is Oscar. I also recycle everyday and never throw anything away that is recyclable.

earthday.jpg

bilde.jpg

thats cool that you learn about animals and see a movie on earth day every yearsmile.gif