Anyone going to any gigs in the near future?

oisin269

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saw this and hope it might be helpful:

Ticketmaster Offers Deep Discounts On Many Summer Concert Tours

6a00d83451b36c69e20176159cb262970c-150wiThis morning Ticketmaster announced deep discounts on many of the summer's top concert tours. Discounts for shows at many of Live Nation's top sheds and outdoor venues are being offered in this year's installment of what has become a late spring annual ritual for the concert industry. Tickets for Brad Paisley, Aerosmith, The Beach Boys, KISS, Motley Crue, Stevie Nicks and others are being offered at a variety of reduced prices. 

Ticketmaster combined five promotions to create the Summer Ticket Deals program.  This year's 3 week seasonal campaign features events and offers from four promotions: 2 For 1 Tickets, Me+3 4-Packs, $40 Below Tickets (plus per order processing fee), Tickets Under $25 (plus per order processing fee) and introducing a new promotion, More Ticket Deals, featuring savings up to 50%. 

All Summer Ticket Deal tickets are available starting today at www.ticketmaster.com/summerticketdeals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Soundedit 2012 with Gavin Friday on 27th October at 7 P.M. :D

http://soundedit.pl/2012/program-2/

I'm waiting impatiently for my ticket which is to be delivered this week. :) A couple of Polish U2 fans have already signed the attendance list. Is anyone here coming to see Gavin Friday in Poland?

It seems there will be more U2-related artists at Festival but I won't see them as I'm coming for Saturday gig only.

http://soundedit.pl/2012/guests/

• Subscriber

My assessment of the festivals...

Latitude was great. Phill Jupitus was really funny, he said some really awesome stuff. Richard Hawley rocked - he went ahead and played even though he'd broken his leg, what a legend! And Elbow, the headliners (my second time seeing them) were astonishing and inspiring.

But Reading blew every gig I've been to thus far right out of the water. Friends, Paramore, Florence & The Machine (who I think is destined to be a future headliner), Katy B, Modestep (second time seeing them) were highly entertaining. The Blackout and Pure Love were awesome too. I also discovered Billy Talent, Django Django and The Joy Formidable. Mastodon and At The Drive-In absolutely rocked. The Cure were sensational - I only liked a few of their songs but now I'm inclined to check out more of their stuff. 32 songs in the space of 2 hours!

Oh, and Foo Fighters put in what was for me the best performance of the whole weekend. Of 27 songs, I got to hear 2 covers (In The Flesh? by Pink Floyd and I'm The One by Van Halen), their biggest hits and also a few ones they hadn't played in a long time. Dave Grohl's little stories were fun to hear. 2 hours and 30 minutes - the longest gig I've yet been to, and also the dustiest, dirtiest, craziest gig I've yet been to - but of all the gigs I've been to so far, the best!

Now all the action for the rest of the year is in October at the O2 in London, where I shall be seeing Radiohead at the start of the month and MUSE at the end of it!

Well nothing so far but I did read of the official Big Country website forum that on FB there is an announcement of a US/Canada tour coming up. Mike Peters (of the Alarm) stepped in as the new lead singer. Bruce Watson's son now plays Stuart Adamson's guitar parts, very similarly too. Very uncanny. They posted a live version of 'Wonderland' from February, very nice. And their official website bigcountry.co.uk is now back in business.

So if they stop by Hawaii, Big Country are DEFINITELY on my tracker.

Stay alive!