Who likes Get On Your Boots like me ?

Mericege

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boots Rocks!! Innovative....Cool....Different...everything a U2 song should be. Reminds me of when I heard New Years day for the first time on my paper routewhen I was 15. I said to myself "Wow, thats a sound I have never heard before" Just like Boots. I also know its good because my 2 years old rocksto it every time she hears it!!

If they had released Magnificent as the single then non-U2 fans would be saying "U2 are actually pretty good" but in reality are saying "U2sound like a bunch of old cranks trying to be hip and failing miserably".

Not that we should care what non-U2 fans think, but I would have the above reaction if I didn't know U2. The majority of fans on here have ranked Boots asworst or second worst song on the album, as did the critics. We can't all be wrong.

By writing songs for radio like Boots all they do is give cannon-fodder to all the people who hate U2. It does such an injustice to an otherwise brilliantalbum. Vertigo, which is a far better tune in my mind, was the same but not half as embarassing. Radio is the enemy of U2's creativity - U2's bestsongs have soul and a sincerity about them unlike this trash. I'm not denying it has some great guitar work and Larry is bang on form.

Great bass aside, Get on Your Boots is cheesy, tacky and camp. "The worst 3.5 minutes of U2's career", as one reviewer said. The band are intheir 40s and majority of fans are at least 25 (i'm 26!) so why oh why are they writing music for kids. Thank goodness it's only one song.

Rant over.

Yes carol, you're a 42yd old who apparantly spends all day oggling bono. U2 could sing the telletubbies theme and you'd still love it as long as bonosings topless!

Seriously though, I've listened to boots around 50 or 60 times since it was all we had for a few weeks before album release. And I still hate it - nothingmore than a very poor man's Vertigo with even more clumsy lyrics.

I think there are many U2 fans who blindly love whatever they release without taking an objective view point, after all Love is apparantly Blindness.

The majority are nearly always right (although that can't be true because we have a Labour government - thanks, morons)