Who likes Get On Your Boots like me ?

Mericege

achtungbabyxx wrote:

i like it too! it's not as good as magnificent, 80's stuff, or achtung baby, but it's still really good. i don't know why so many people hate it.

It's just me by the sounds of it...

I've just downloaded the mp3s from last couple of nights from U2start - i'll see if listening to Boots live again cahnges my mind!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I think that I understand where we are trying to go with the majority of their songs, I liked "boots." I don't think it's likeanything else out there and I can understand that it can take a few listens to catch on. I didn't like all of Atomic Bomb at first, but sometimes we haveto stop criticizing and just listen. We have to remember that alot of us admire them for not always sticking with safe... the classic "u2 sound." Becoming a greatest hits band. They said if they kept repeating themselves, they wouldn't survive artistically. We should be encouraging theircreativity, not qualifying it. We loved them for going out on a limb in the past... we wouldn't of had Achtung Baby if they hadn't. By the way,I'm not the 25 y.o. perceived majority of fans either... I'm 36, representing those of us who were in high school in the eighties during their earlyfame. Cheers!

• Subscriber

the song is brillant, the video is brillant, i think it's going to come off well when it gets to the live shows, I wish people would just enjoy it, andquit trying to decipher it so much , the song is saying exactly that. it falls in the category of other songs you didn't expect U2 to write or sing. I likeI'll Go Crazy, Wild Honey, Some Days Are Better Than Others, Numb, Refugee, Party Girl, all non serious songs, but fun, at least to me.

BOOTS.. is sure not my favorite on cd...I put if as a middle of the road U2 song but am shocked it was the first single ...my thought is that they knew thefirst release would get alot of air play and with the tour months away they can drop 3 more singles if they wish...and BOOTS fits almost all radio formats, ithas a VERTIGO feel but V is much better, also big props as a younger fan to be into the old U2 and compare, many new fans only know the radio hits of past andsome only listen to U2 's past few cd's...maybe NOLINE...may even pass the JOSHUA TREE in overall sales..?

hehe some of the comments here are funny.

I like Boots but there are things about it that also irk me. Bono's vocal for one. Adam's bassline is the best - he shines on this new album more thanany other member of the band.

I also think that the poetry in lyrics to Boots is pretty good - lots of metaphors which Bono hasn't done lyrically for some time (apart from"that's someone's stuff they're blowing up, we're into growing up" - that's completely cringeworthy). ick.

The lyrics on some of the other new songs are terrible - Magnificent would have been perfect if Bono didn't keep banging on about how much he loves God.You've done this to death on the past two albums Bono - get some new subject matter man!