Love U2 but my views have slightly changed..

• Subscriber

I was looking on the net at various read ups on U2 and news and so on and came across a artical on Paul and Ali Hewson and that they have money of about 572 I dont know if that billions or millions. I thought wow thats alot, knowing its not really my business I googled other things..like Prince who's in debt..

As the week went buy, I have my daughter showing up home by taxi because she was so stressed with her OCD and she wont eat at home so I have to pay for her takeaway meals, and she has incurred a debt of $12,000 for me owed to my mum and bank, and its still continues because I still have to try and get her on medication and disabilities pension since she is recieving nothing from anything and unable to work normally or properly..

Meanwhile my mum is getting old and if anything were to happen to her, I would be left in this house alone to pay the bills, rates etc and my daughter if centerlink do not help funds with her sickness in which she has had hospitalisation..

Now the point is im sitting here freezing because we cant afford heating or to get it fixed and I got to think of the poor in other countries where they are freezing and starving to death and thought about the 572 just sitting there whilst another african child has just died of malnutrition, now how do justify that to yourself or even to God, oh sorry but we had to keep up to the public eye, or the beetles or our high expense life style or to pay so many wages, look at Pink apparently she lives in a box,

I dont mean to belittle anyone but these are just facts that are truly not acceptable,its really disgusting im disgusted,

you either slave for riches or for God, you cannot have both, and if you want to choose longterm life you must choose God as these scriptures say

Deuteronomy 15;7 Proverbs 11;28 Matthew 6;24 James 5;1 Luke 18;25 or the whole chapter..

Although I dont want anything, I can relate to what its like to be in  a predicament to have nothing at all to feel cold malnourished and no home because these are things I fear constantly..

So if you cant accept this as discipline in saving your lives, I count you as ignorant and arrogant, but if you do take heed, then your bank should really only say $1mil and God will really shine on your efforts to put him first.. and be Jesus follower..

Surely alot of fans have forgotten these realities until they see these facts themselves,

what good is your time and efforts to help and you sit on a gold mine ??

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Were reports he made a billion with the FB thing but that was wide of the mark, so i don't know how true this 500 odd million he has. Trouble is throwing money at something doesn't help it's raising awareness and making a change is more the point. But a lot of rich people are seriously stuck up, greedy and need to get some manners, but we know that isn't the case with Bono or the rest of the band. Hard times at the moment, i've been lucky so far with work but i got a few mates that are struggling. Blame the bankers and their recklessness and the politicians that have our money and abuse it. As for the starving and the poor it seems like there isn't an end and it gets worse every year!?

• Subscriber
Were reports he made a billion with the FB thing but that was wide of the mark, so i don't know how true this 500 odd million he has. Trouble is throwing money at something doesn't help it's raising awareness and making a change is more the point. But a lot of rich people are seriously stuck up, greedy and need to get some manners, but we know that isn't the case with Bono or the rest of the band. Hard times at the moment, i've been lucky so far with work but i got a few mates that are struggling. Blame the bankers and their recklessness and the politicians that have our money and abuse it. As for the starving and the poor it seems like there isn't an end and it gets worse every year!?
So do both ohwell.gif

[quote name='123love wrote:

utwothefly']Were reports he made a billion with the FB thing but that was wide of the mark, so i don't know how true this 500 odd million he has.
Trouble is throwing money at something doesn't help it's raising awareness and making a change is more the point.
But a lot of rich people are seriously stuck up, greedy and need to get some manners, but we know that isn't the case with Bono or the rest of the band. Hard times at the moment, i've been lucky so far with work but i got a few mates that are struggling. Blame the bankers and their recklessness and the politicians that have our money and abuse it. As for the starving and the poor it seems like there isn't an end and it gets worse every year!?

So do both ohwell.gif

and you know Bono doesn't do this...how?

• Subscriber

I think the better way,that's in place right now is changing the structure of Government's all over the world to include taking care of all people's needs. It is not one man's responsibility to sacrifice his wealth, rather it gives him the power, to get close to the powers that be. They are the ones that can make the necessary changes moving forward, to stop this un-justified reality for so many people. Bono's strength can be a changing force within this arena. Fans can continue to give power and support to the man down working the crowd.

• Subscriber

I cant believe because hes so nice and makes good music you all make excuses for his wealth, the truth is money is just sitting there, in my mind, ''I in Gods eyes'' could not live with myself but what do I expect coming from a world who think money and riches is the meaning of life..

I understand your views but it's still wrong when standing before one mighty, whilst one little african Just died, it's a life for crying out loud, colour does not matter, nor how poor the person may be, it is not a dog in a dog pound, it is a human being, a good example is seal, he's negro, yet people love and respect him, what difference is there between you or him, or him and a dying african or us and a dying african,!! If it was your cousin you would soon be protesting with me, but because its some stranger, its ok for the wealthy to have their own riches

they earned it, it can sit there and acumilate, to high status while our fellow human beings die of starvation

http://answers.yahoo.com/...id=20081002203056AAU8pVQ

Regardless of how they die we know deprivation of normal things is it, so Macfoley while I understand what your saying, still there's a large about just sitting there.. I never used to care about peoples business, but in this case I do, for there sakes and others, and when I say for their sakes I think they can work that one out when standing before the son of man..

• Subscriber

The key is to put yourself in anothers place, is to understand, and I understand the dying poor than I can the rich..

This the is how we love thy neighbor..

Perhaps they are having bigger plans with theem and bless them if money for the poor countries people, and if so May God be behind them and bless them for putting it all'' to God gifted use, if no, this post is exactly for the other..

• Subscriber

The truth was never meant to be easy or nice, but true love tells what really hurts with sincerety and truth , faith and most of all love, and love has saving acts..