Love U2 but my views have slightly changed..

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

123love wrote:

utwothefly']Were reports he made a billion with the FB thing but that was wide of the mark, so i don't know how true this 500 odd million he has.
Trouble is throwing money at something doesn't help it's raising awareness and making a change is more the point.
But a lot of rich people are seriously stuck up, greedy and need to get some manners, but we know that isn't the case with Bono or the rest of the band. Hard times at the moment, i've been lucky so far with work but i got a few mates that are struggling. Blame the bankers and their recklessness and the politicians that have our money and abuse it. As for the starving and the poor it seems like there isn't an end and it gets worse every year!?

So do both
ohwell.gif

and you know Bono doesn't do this...how?

bet he puts his change in the charity tin at his local shop! wink.gif

[quote name='utwothefly wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

123love']So do both
ohwell.gif

and you know Bono doesn't do this...how?

bet he puts his change in the charity tin at his local shop! wink.gif

Save the lifeboats?

I cant believe because hes so nice and makes good music you all make excuses for his wealth, the truth is money is just sitting there, in my mind, ''I in Gods eyes'' could not live with myself but what do I expect coming from a world who think money and riches is the meaning of life..

I understand your views but it's still wrong when standing before one mighty, whilst one little african Just died, it's a life for crying out loud, colour does not matter, nor how poor the person may be, it is not a dog in a dog pound, it is a human being, a good example is seal, he's negro, yet people love and respect him, what difference is there between you or him, or him and a dying african or us and a dying african,!! If it was your cousin you would soon be protesting with me, but because its some stranger, its ok for the wealthy to have their own riches

they earned it, it can sit there and acumilate, to high status while our fellow human beings die of starvation

http://answers.yahoo.com/...id=20081002203056AAU8pVQ

Regardless of how they die we know deprivation of normal things is it, so Macfoley while I understand what your saying, still there's a large about just sitting there.. I never used to care about peoples business, but in this case I do, for there sakes and others, and when I say for their sakes I think they can work that one out when standing before the son of man..

Not being funny though, but Bono's biz is none of ours. It is only made public because of the evil of the media. 

As I said before I am sure Bono gives a fair percentage and no one will ever know how much and nor should they. 

Aslong as you try and do as much as you can, why should you worry what other people are doing?

I can't understand this 'rant' all of a sudden Bono (U2) has too much money while you (we) struggle to get by..
U2 are going well over 30 years now and have 'worked' very hard for what they have and have made many personal sacrifices over the years (as have many other acts who have amassed a wealth we can only dream of) As for Prince being in Debt (if true) then that's just down to plain stupidity when it comes to how he handled the millions he earned through his career - Would it make it more acceptable if U2 or Bono had blown everything they earned - would it endear them more to you ??

Bono get's a lot of grief simply because he is involved in a lot of charity work and is preaching to anyone who'll listen about the plight of the people of Africa - He should just have done what 100's of others (with equal and sometimes more than he has) and just sat back and enjoyed his wealth, BUT then he'd still be begrudged about simply because he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't - Im one of the   'How Much Money Does Someone Need'   BUT what he or Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger OR Giorgio Armani (Estimated :7 billion) George Lucas (3.25 billion) or J.K Rowling (1 billion) do with their cash is up to them - why should they feel guilty ?? Because 'we' the little people haven't ?? Bono does his bit (more than others) BUT there are many who have the attitude ''Why can't he give almost everything away and keep just enough to live on'' SERIOUSLY ?? 
I lost my job, my father died of illness and my mother recently died and I owe THOUSANDS on a house I'll probably never own, I worry about what my 3 year old boy will have to contend with if things keep carrying on the way they're going - BUT I don't begrudge anyone with a cent (or a few million) more than I have (ok, with the eXception of bankers) It's people like them and their greed that has this world the way it is - I wouldn't think of Bono (or U2) as selfish they do their bit for charity on & off the record, they employ 100's worldwide.. why should they feel guilty ?? I can't agree with your point ?? I've had financial problems since I lost my job and have even sought help (as embarrassed as I was to do so at the time) That's life - We have to deal with what GOD throws at us, It's equally as much a sin to have such wealth as it is to be so hard up don't you think ?? who's fault is that ?? I blame GOD.. are we not equal, should we all not have the same personal wealth (Im up for that) I don't for a second though beLIEve or think Bono , U2 or whoever should bow their head in shame -
Paul McCartney is a staunch vegetarian - surely with all his cash he could build a giant farm and house every animal we dare consume) or build a giant ark to protect them, after all his cash is just sitting there OR maybe all the above names wealthy divide all their cash and make as many people as they possibly can millionaires - after all, it's the least they could do ?? Does anyone in U2 have to 'justify' what they have earned over the last 30+ years ?? (not to me)..
As for Pink living in a 'BOX' I wouldn't mind living in an $11.8 million 6 bedroom, 7 bathroom BOX (its a hard life)

''You either slave for riches or for God, you cannot have both, and if you want to choose longterm life you must choose God as these scriptures say''  

Are these quotes from an organisation representing GOD that make $422.098 Billion (There was no mention of charitable giving only RECIEVING - Also did you know the church played the stock market (for God obviously) BUT Bono/U2 should feel guilty for what they have worked for...REALLY ???

''I count you as ignorant and arrogant, but if you do take heed, then your bank should really only say $1mil and God will really shine on your efforts to put him first.. and be Jesus follower''

Incidently if you had as much as Bono or any of the mega rich mentioned above would you give it all (But 1 million) away...?? of course you would, and of course I would wink.gif 

The easiest way to stop U2 from earning anymore money than they already have is to STOP subscribing to U2.com, Stop buying their music, stop seeing them live....

Yeah your entitled to your opinion, But it's like your spending (whatever money you spend on them) and cursing them for doing it !!! 

(Just my opinion)

I can't understand this 'rant' all of a sudden Bono (U2) has too much money while you (we) struggle to get by..
U2 are going well over 30 years now and have 'worked' very hard for what they have and have made many personal sacrifices over the years (as have many other acts who have amassed a wealth we can only dream of) As for Prince being in Debt (if true) then that's just down to plain stupidity when it comes to how he handled the millions he earned through his career - Would it make it more acceptable if U2 or Bono had blown everything they earned - would it endear them more to you ??

Bono get's a lot of grief simply because he is involved in a lot of charity work and is preaching to anyone who'll listen about the plight of the people of Africa - He should just have done what 100's of others (with equal and sometimes more than he has) and just sat back and enjoyed his wealth, BUT then he'd still be begrudged about simply because he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't - Im one of the   'How Much Money Does Someone Need'   BUT what he or Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger OR Giorgio Armani (Estimated :7 billion) George Lucas (3.25 billion) or J.K Rowling (1 billion) do with their cash is up to them - why should they feel guilty ?? Because 'we' the little people haven't ?? Bono does his bit (more than others) BUT there are many who have the attitude ''Why can't he give almost everything away and keep just enough to live on'' SERIOUSLY ?? 
I lost my job, my father died of illness and my mother recently died and I owe THOUSANDS on a house I'll probably never own, I worry about what my 3 year old boy will have to contend with if things keep carrying on the way they're going - BUT I don't begrudge anyone with a cent (or a few million) more than I have (ok, with the eXception of bankers) It's people like them and their greed that has this world the way it is - I wouldn't think of Bono (or U2) as selfish they do their bit for charity on & off the record, they employ 100's worldwide.. why should they feel guilty ?? I can't agree with your point ?? I've had financial problems since I lost my job and have even sought help (as embarrassed as I was to do so at the time) That's life - We have to deal with what GOD throws at us, It's equally as much a sin to have such wealth as it is to be so hard up don't you think ?? who's fault is that ?? I blame GOD.. are we not equal, should we all not have the same personal wealth (Im up for that) I don't for a second though beLIEve or think Bono , U2 or whoever should bow their head in shame -
Paul McCartney is a staunch vegetarian - surely with all his cash he could build a giant farm and house every animal we dare consume) or build a giant ark to protect them, after all his cash is just sitting there OR maybe all the above names wealthy divide all their cash and make as many people as they possibly can millionaires - after all, it's the least they could do ?? Does anyone in U2 have to 'justify' what they have earned over the last 30+ years ?? (not to me)..
As for Pink living in a 'BOX' I wouldn't mind living in an $11.8 million 6 bedroom, 7 bathroom BOX (its a hard life)

''You either slave for riches or for God, you cannot have both, and if you want to choose longterm life you must choose God as these scriptures say''  

Are these quotes from an organisation representing GOD that make $422.098 Billion (There was no mention of charitable giving only RECIEVING - Also did you know the church played the stock market (for God obviously) BUT Bono/U2 should feel guilty for what they have worked for...REALLY ???

''I count you as ignorant and arrogant, but if you do take heed, then your bank should really only say $1mil and God will really shine on your efforts to put him first.. and be Jesus follower''

Incidently if you had as much as Bono or any of the mega rich mentioned above would you give it all (But 1 million) away...?? of course you would, and of course I would wink.gif 

The easiest way to stop U2 from earning anymore money than they already have is to STOP subscribing to U2.com, Stop buying their music, stop seeing them live....

Yeah your entitled to your opinion, But it's like your spending (whatever money you spend on them) and cursing them for doing it !!! 

(Just my opinion)
...in a nutshell, yeah, pretty much sums it up.

no time to read every word of all this , however I think i get the substance

here's all you need to keep in mind

U2- incredible , moving music

u2- successful band , successful bands make money

u2- still trying

bono- preaches to all who will listen , and ESPECIALLY those with power to DO SOMETHING

bono- filthy rich- yes, doesnt give all of his own money away (for the record- no one but Bono knows how much of his own money he gives ANYWAY)

- does better than give his own money , RAISES WAY MORE MONEY BY CALLING OTHERS TO ACTION!!!!

BONO- millions of lives saved due to his efforts !!!!

Oh I love it when Christians start judging others and telling them how to live.

How bout you leave the judgement for Bono and God to sort out in the end?

I am sorry that things are tough for you these days. It's a scary place to be in when you know it only takes one thing to go wrong and you're up the creek without a paddle. Been there.

How would you ever decide what dollar amount would be acceptable for Bono to have in the bank account? I don't think it's for you to decide. He earned the money. He gets to do with it as he pleases and I don't see him sitting on his ass doing nothing about poverty.