Love U2 but my views have slightly changed..

• Subscriber
I can't understand this 'rant' all of a sudden Bono (U2) has too much money while you (we) struggle to get by..
U2 are going well over 30 years now and have 'worked' very hard for what they have and have made many personal sacrifices over the years (as have many other acts who have amassed a wealth we can only dream of) As for Prince being in Debt (if true) then that's just down to plain stupidity when it comes to how he handled the millions he earned through his career - Would it make it more acceptable if U2 or Bono had blown everything they earned - would it endear them more to you ??

Bono get's a lot of grief simply because he is involved in a lot of charity work and is preaching to anyone who'll listen about the plight of the people of Africa - He should just have done what 100's of others (with equal and sometimes more than he has) and just sat back and enjoyed his wealth, BUT then he'd still be begrudged about simply because he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't - Im one of the   'How Much Money Does Someone Need'   BUT what he or Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger OR Giorgio Armani (Estimated :7 billion) George Lucas (3.25 billion) or J.K Rowling (1 billion) do with their cash is up to them - why should they feel guilty ?? Because 'we' the little people haven't ?? Bono does his bit (more than others) BUT there are many who have the attitude ''Why can't he give almost everything away and keep just enough to live on'' SERIOUSLY ?? 
I lost my job, my father died of illness and my mother recently died and I owe THOUSANDS on a house I'll probably never own, I worry about what my 3 year old boy will have to contend with if things keep carrying on the way they're going - BUT I don't begrudge anyone with a cent (or a few million) more than I have (ok, with the eXception of bankers) It's people like them and their greed that has this world the way it is - I wouldn't think of Bono (or U2) as selfish they do their bit for charity on & off the record, they employ 100's worldwide.. why should they feel guilty ?? I can't agree with your point ?? I've had financial problems since I lost my job and have even sought help (as embarrassed as I was to do so at the time) That's life - We have to deal with what GOD throws at us, It's equally as much a sin to have such wealth as it is to be so hard up don't you think ?? who's fault is that ?? I blame GOD.. are we not equal, should we all not have the same personal wealth (Im up for that) I don't for a second though beLIEve or think Bono , U2 or whoever should bow their head in shame -
Paul McCartney is a staunch vegetarian - surely with all his cash he could build a giant farm and house every animal we dare consume) or build a giant ark to protect them, after all his cash is just sitting there OR maybe all the above names wealthy divide all their cash and make as many people as they possibly can millionaires - after all, it's the least they could do ?? Does anyone in U2 have to 'justify' what they have earned over the last 30+ years ?? (not to me)..
As for Pink living in a 'BOX' I wouldn't mind living in an $11.8 million 6 bedroom, 7 bathroom BOX (its a hard life)

''You either slave for riches or for God, you cannot have both, and if you want to choose longterm life you must choose God as these scriptures say''  

Are these quotes from an organisation representing GOD that make $422.098 Billion (There was no mention of charitable giving only RECIEVING - Also did you know the church played the stock market (for God obviously) BUT Bono/U2 should feel guilty for what they have worked for...REALLY ???

''I count you as ignorant and arrogant, but if you do take heed, then your bank should really only say $1mil and God will really shine on your efforts to put him first.. and be Jesus follower''

Incidently if you had as much as Bono or any of the mega rich mentioned above would you give it all (But 1 million) away...?? of course you would, and of course I would wink.gif 

The easiest way to stop U2 from earning anymore money than they already have is to STOP subscribing to U2.com, Stop buying their music, stop seeing them live....

Yeah your entitled to your opinion, But it's like your spending (whatever money you spend on them) and cursing them for doing it !!! 

(Just my opinion)

Not cursing them but stating that fact, but I knew that's what you'd think, and im sure many would agree with you too..

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is Bono the problem?

Of course not...but

we live in a very unfair system and we have to change it

It's not fair that someone has so much obscene amounts of money to spend surely in things that other rich people provide while others have nothing. It's not ok.

PS: I'm sorry 123love you are having so many problems, I hope things go better for you soon.

123love wrote:

Not cursing them but stating that fact, but I knew that's what you'd think, and im sure many would agree with you too..

You'd be surprised how many people disagree with me wink.gif

• Subscriber

none of us has any idea how much of Bono's wealth is donated to charity.....it's none of our business. what we DO know is that the man has literally raised millions for those less fortunate - through his activism, his inspiration and his example. How many lives were saved through his efforts? Not only that but he has donated an enormous amount of his personal time to these efforts and spent his celebrity capital far and wide. I think i recall reading that when George Bush announced the PEPFAR program, he insisted that Bono be at his side. And how many thousands have been saved through that program? Just a couple of examples......

• Subscriber

I'm really sorry to hear of your troubles, Love. It's very frightening and worrisome. It makes me sad to hear about your situation and not being able to heat your home and worrying about your mother and daughter. On the other hand, Bono did earn his money working in the industry for a very long time. There's nothing wrong with that especially since he does help so many people. Bono was also very lucky to make it in the music business I think that's what it comes down to most of the time. But he earned his money and he is entitled to it. I picked a profession that does not make a lot of money and I have to deal with that. It also comes down to the choices we make in life too not just luck.

i don't think that just because you have lots of money makes you a bad person in the eyes of God either. Bono has done so much for the poor that I don't think how much money he has matters.

I sincerely hope things get better for you, Love.

• 2 months later...