Former personal assistant of Adam Clayton found guilty of stealing up to €2.8m

mich40

• Community Moderator

http://www.rte.ie/news/20...9/adam-claytons-pa-.html

Carol Hawkins, aged 47, from Lower Rathmines Road in Dublin, had pleaded not guilty.

She was charged with 181 counts of theft from the musician's bank accounts between 2004 and 2008.

After deliberating for 5 hours the jury returned a unanimous guilty verdict on all counts

Ms Hawkins will be sentenced on 6 July.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Community Moderator

Well....all I can say is that if he needs a new PA, my hubby is a fine upstanding accountant and we would be willing to relocate to Ireland. :P

I figured that's how the ruling would come down...It's still really sad in the end. Personally, if she had done that to me, I would have beat her ass then had her arrested but...Adam has much more class than me. I think the thing that would have hurt me the most would be of course the money, but the thought of putting that much trust in someone that you are not married to, or a family member, that has to destroy you. My best friend and I are worlds apart, literally, I make sure everything is taken care of his home and he looks after my stuff as well. He is the only person that ever personally asked me to trust him and I don't even trust my husband, that was like leaping off a cliff, he is the only person in the world I trust or have EVER TRUSTED, and I spend half my time cleaning up his messes he leaves all over the country and the world. I don't mind though. I know anytime, I want or need anything he is there for me....guys and chicks that are married with children are not suppose to be best friends, it goes against everything, but that is how much both of us look at each other. The entire surf industry thinks I have an open marriage, LOL, I don't. But it's always fun knowing the truth that you have never done anything wrong while everyone guesses and assumes, that makes me a strong woman/wife/mother/daughter. Ilike to call it by what is and that is TRUST. And that really can't be bought, sold, bundled, it has to be given freely just like love. Yeah, I'd say its a good day for Mr. Clayton but I know it's still gotta hurt.

• Subscriber

So glad he prevailed and I'll bet he's glad it's over - at least this stage of the ordeal is over anyway. I wonder if he will be able to recover any losses and it'll be interesting to see what sentence is handed down. Thanks for posting! I guess I should now go read the article, lol!

• Subscriber

I can perfectly understand Adam.

I´ve already worked with a Brazilian rockstar for five years and he cheated me.

The fact was we were best friends and our families were close to each other. And of course, I trusted in him.

It´s a very hard situation and I have to confess it´s not easy to trust anyone again.

I don´t know if Adam has a new PA, but I hope he finds a trustable person to work with. I´m available. wink.gif