Website experience improvements that would GUARANTEE continued u2.com citizenship

Sigma957

Ideas for improvement:

Audio: (available to even non-subscribers via a new u2.shop)

Available for sale as FLAC and ALAC .m4a, ALL of U2's concert recordings from 1976 - 2012.

Available for sale as FLAC and ALAC .m4a, all available FM radio and audio interviews from 1976 - 2012

Available for sale as FLAC and ALAC .m4a, ALL demos from the 70s - 00s.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video: (available to even non-subscribers via a new u2.shop)

Available for sale as high quality (and HD where applicable) music videos from 1976 - 2012

Available for sale as high quality (and HD where applicable) concerts from 1976 - 2012

Available for download ALL EPKs from1976 - 2012 (subscription only)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(subscription only)

Available for download high resolution .TIFs of U2's posters from 1976 - 2012, ALL print ready quality up to 24"x36" AND Larger for the Subway sized banners they used to promote.

Available for download high resolution .TIFs of ALL Propaganda fanzine issues, print ready (if desired) and also as standalone .PDFs (reduced image quality)

Available for download high resolution .TIFs of tickets scans from every date on every tour 1976 - 2012.

and as a .PDF book collecting all those images

Available for download high resolution .TIFs of ALL promo materials from 1976 - 2012, print ready

Available for download high resolution .TIFs of all VIP laminates/Press Passes/Crew Passes etc from ALL tours

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Merchandise: (available to even non-subscribers via a new u2.shop)

Available for sale Bono's myriad shades/glasses (replicas) from each tour going back to ZooTV

Available for sale reprints of t-shirts, voted on monthly. This includes the 360 stadium shirts.

Since all this stuff is old and no longer used, they would serve as historical artifacts for U2 fans and music afficionados.

***If they need someone to design the CD covers, I can help ;o]

VERY important, the available materials would never become un-available again. With a 3TB server, U2 could store all their audio recordings. For video, it would take a bit more.

+++And as standard for paid subscription, a U2.com fanclub t-shirt, a full concert recording from the date you were born, a laminate repress with lanyard from that show plus a ticket reprint on quality stock.

To do this, 2 things would have to occur:

A- U2 as a band and as listeners of their fans, become INVOLVED

B- Paul McGuinness does NOT have any input in the fanclub OR this website

Pure proft for the band, pure joy for the fan

I'm going to also suggest this to J A M E S and mrnorth

• Subscriber
I vote "Yes" to your suggestion, Sigma !! You're absolutely genius !!!
I wonder where and what did they play on the 18th of February 1988 when I was born..I was happy to find out they had a show in South Africa last year on my birthday, Mysterious Ways from U22 is from that night..and this brings me to my suggestion: Stop making delivery of gifts so useless, there's a lot of us who haven't received U22, make the subscription-gifts downloadable (in High-Definition:Flac or Alac as Sigma said) !!!!
The Fail of the DElivery is unforgivable still !!
Another Thing: They should deliver subscriber gifts from Europe too seeing that one of the delivery Issues is them being sent directly from the US.

Hopefully more people chime in with proposed improvements on this thread.

@Pain_18_

1981-02-18 - Munich, Germany - Sugar Shack

2011-02-18 - Cape Town, South Africa - Cape Town Stadium (24 songs)

Hey that's cool they played on your birthdate for 360. I went to u2gigs a few years back and discovered they've played 4 times on my birthdate. Was very happy to find the actual recordings

1981-10-12 - Brighton, England - Top Rank

1989-10-12 - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia - National Tennis Centre

2001-10-12 - Montreal, Quebec - Molson Centre

2009-10-12 - Arlington, TX - New Dallas Cowboys (the Egg) Stadium *(attended this one)

• Subscriber

Hopefully more people chime in with proposed improvements on this thread.

@Pain_18_

1981-02-18 - Munich, Germany - Sugar Shack

2011-02-18 - Cape Town, South Africa - Cape Town Stadium (24 songs)

Hey that's cool they played on your birthdate for 360. I went to u2gigs a few years back and discovered they've played 4 times on my birthdate. Was very happy to find the actual recordings

1981-10-12 - Brighton, England - Top Rank

1989-10-12 - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia - National Tennis Centre

2001-10-12 - Montreal, Quebec - Molson Centre

2009-10-12 - Arlington, TX - New Dallas Cowboys (the Egg) Stadium *(attended this one)

That's Amazing, I forgot where in South-Africa they actually played on that 18th february night in 2011, thanks for the information !!!! Now I hope I find a quality video for The Cape Town Show on Youtube !!!

• Subscriber

nice list.

sorry, don't mean to be a downer, just a realist (and based on the past actions/lack of action of this site), but lists like this have been done many times before and nothing ever changes. there's no hope ;)