Hmmmmmmm / mercury records says new U2 album in 2013 [MERGED]

basher1

Mich they always say on here it's not true until it appears on here but i think this quote is very clear.

"Mercury Records also confirmed new albums from Metallica, U2 and Noah and the Whale, which will all contribute towards a good year for the record label."

• Subscriber

Mich they always say on here it's not true until it appears on here but i think this quote is very clear.

"Mercury Records also confirmed new albums from Metallica, U2 and Noah and the Whale, which will all contribute towards a good year for the record label."

Yeah looks good mate, especially ,,with the recent news that u2 are working with another company for a possible release with an app!. Can't remember what the company is called off hand but it seems they are working and in the process with the app at least.

• Subscriber

[quote name='utwothefly wrote:

basher1']Mich they always say on here it's not true until it appears on here but i think this quote is very clear.

Yeah looks good mate, especially ,,with the recent news that u2 are working with another company for a possible release with an app!I hope they don't release it as an applicagtion...and keep the traditional cd/lp release...The very thought of them disappearing is simply terrifying!!! 

It doesn't matter how soon they release it...the only thing that matters is how soon does it fall into place...when they get what they want artistically (in the studio)..it's as good as released.

• Subscriber

Well they better get crackin' then, they have about 5 months left til 2013.

You might want to recheck your math there...don't forget there's also 12 months in 2013 so they can drag this out all the way to Christmas 2013 if they wanted to and still make it in time.

My bet is October/November 2013 release with a tour starting in March/April of 2014.

• Subscriber

I think U2 albums always sound better as it gets colder.  I loved the feeling of the snow falling and the unforgettable fire playing in the background when i was younger.  I hope its a winter album.