U22 flaws and why it doesn't work completely for the Mac

MacFoley

• Subscriber

Shup up!......"U22 flaws and why it doesn't work completely for the Mac"....you really need to get over your self 'Mac!'

This is a 'LIVE CD' surely that should explain it a little in regards to how it sounds.

I personally think that everybody involved has done a great job,and obviously put a lot of work in,but quite clearly for totally selfish and self centered people such as yourself this will never be enough!

Excellent job to all involved,I for one really appreciate this and Duels,Slane,Sydney....

Thank You U2.Com and U2.

Had another thought...........

U22 is a live CD indeed............

Under A Blood Red Sky, that IS a live CD, and it only has 8 songs on it! roll.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

danielsentana']At least we got a good One Tree Hill...not the one with that weird Venezuelan singer!

Ha!

Yes One Tree Hill is a song I voted for. Pleased with that.
Yeah, I voted for it too, great version!!!

• Subscriber
In an ideal situation, supposed they imposed  a few songs, let's say four
What I really, absolutely demanded, in my mind,  that they should have included were : Every Breaking Wave. Electrical Storm (a good version), Unknown Caller (the early version, when The Edge played a different solo, I know what I'm talking about), Breathe (I naively think that there could be a version, in all the live shows, in which Bono ddidn't sing over Edge's solo).

And of course Vertigo, how can you leave Vertigo out of the show....It's the most dashing moment of the show.
People shoud have voted 'Crazy' too...I'm not a fan of remixes but this time, just this time, for the live show, they nailed it...of course...I would have loved the mexico version ...With Edge's insane Discotheque riff at the end when Bono kneels.

Songs that shoudln't have made it: 'Still' I think..I'm alright with the rest of the songs, the only comments I have are on the versions, I previously said something.

If I'm gonna criticize 'Until...' although I'm ok with the version chosen, I will have to say that a smashing version was in Rome-Stadio Olimpico (I think) in 2010...extended calm bridge from The Edge with powerful accents and variations of the effects...overall..a very strong version.

To take the desires even further, I really want to have the concert from South Africa, in 2011, which happened on my Birthday-18th of February !!!

• Subscriber

Has anyone thought, being in the 'Until...' context, that on Until The End Of The World, not only does Edge produce one of his best solos but this song has one of the best beginnings ever..that weird guitar sound he does is absolutely from that other place, like Adam says. Same goes for Who's Gonna Ride, perfect introduction !!!

I always wanted to talk about this...What do you guys think?

• Subscriber

Has anyone thought, being in the 'Until...' context, that on Until The End Of The World, not only does Edge produce one of his best solos but this song has one of the best beginnings ever..that weird guitar sound he does is absolutely from that other place, like Adam says. Same goes for Who's Gonna Ride, perfect introduction !!!

I always wanted to talk about this...What do you guys think?

• Subscriber

I do really like U22, not too disappointed with it really, but I agree there are some songs missing. Particularly, "I'll Go Crazy" (which I consider to be THE song of the tour) and "Vertigo" (the siren sound = awesome, that's one of my top favourites). But then also "Breathe", "Get On Your Boots" (I seem to be one of the few people that likes this song, especially live. Love the last minute a lot), and "Electrical Storm", to name a few.

Solution: Give us more songs! Please? Like with "Unknown Caller", maybe make it so a certain number is available (5 at least) to each subscriber, that way it could really be personalized. They wouldn't even have to be finished (or whatever they did to what's on the CD, I'd be fine with that) just find some good recordings and there you go!

I repeat: Please?

Ooh I  LOve Boots too, I voted for it...There were just so many songs to mention, I forgot to say something about it...I might have overlooked several others.....I really consider that it was rightfully chosen as the first single, Bono, stop feeling guilty, people just couldn't understand the character of the song !!