U22 flaws and why it doesn't work completely for the Mac

MacFoley

• Subscriber

I don't know, there are quite a few U2 songs that I never listen too. LOL. Most of them have lots of rhyming words like honey and trees and bees, and moles in holes, or are based on footwear. But that's just me.

Also I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree and say that I think R&H was released at just the right time. With hindsight telling us by the end of the tours for that record the band had fallen out of love with what they were doing.

What I mean is, to capture the ascent, rather than the peak or somewhere on the way back home may just be a trick that I feel they pulled off there.

pimp.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I gave it some though, you are right, the feeling of U2's music towards the end of the tour, I mean all the instruments and Bono;s voice were pointing out the Achtung Direction - but not fully shaped, they were still weirdly reacting from the interior depart from the Americana - like Adam says, so, Your thinking is correct, the moment was right for the release of Rattle.

As for the songs you don't listen, it's Your point of view, it is valid. I respect your opinion. I was just stating mine .thumbsup.gif

• Subscriber

Mac, as usual, you have hit the nail on the head for many long-time fans. My biggest disappiontment - no Scarlet! I was soooo excited at the concept of getting those rarer tracks live, and there are some new additions to be live collection as a result of U22 - but there are several that I'd hoped for that are missing. I'm wondering if it has to do with there being so many newer fans in the last 5-8 years who have only just tapped into the band? Just a thought. It's still a good collection and I'm glad to have it, but it did miss the mark somewhat for me, too. One Tree Hill is a definitely a bright spot for me though!

• Subscriber

Mac, as usual, you have hit the nail on the head for many long-time fans. My biggest disappiontment - no Scarlet! I was soooo excited at the concept of getting those rarer tracks live, and there are some new additions to be live collection as a result of U22 - but there are several that I'd hoped for that are missing. I'm wondering if it has to do with there being so many newer fans in the last 5-8 years who have only just tapped into the band? Just a thought. It's still a good collection and I'm glad to have it, but it did miss the mark somewhat for me, too. One Tree Hill is a definitely a bright spot for me though!
Thanks! laugh.gif

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

I've listened to it and I agree with you Mac, it does have flaws. I think they could have chosen much better performances of some of the songs, for one thing.

I have listened to it a few times since I have had it, I have not gone mad for it.