Don't recognise this place............

• Subscriber

What are we going to do now it's all been said?

No new ideas in the zoo and every thread has been said.

Yeah, I was on here most evenings in the vertigo days.  But now?  As Sue said we tend to connect on Facebook.  And the only reason I'm here is because that's where this thread got flagged up.

And why do we use Facebook?  Partly because it works better than this cluncky site, but mainly because we're on there anyway and can conect with the people we want to speak to over there.

And what would get me back here?  Something happening in the world of U2.  Let's be frank about this, if you are a UK fan the band have done nothing, save one appearance at Glastonbury, for three years.  I couldn't get excited about the AB reissue as most of that was just repackaging stuff I already had - at least for earlier reissues you were getting stuff not previously available on CD or DVD.

U218 with its two single releases and U2 by U2 at least helped plugged the gap between HTDAAB and NLOTH, and gave us something to discuss.  But these days there's nothing happening - let's face it, six of the top eight stories on the news page are about U22 shipping, the other two are people selecting their favourite U2 playlist.  If that's the most newsworthy stuff happening in U2 world...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='ms lois wrote:

MrsFish']Yayy!  Lets play the 'my zoo was/is better than your zoo'

I raise you which ever version of 'this' zoo you like by playing the Royal Flush of the old green capcave zoo from around 2001?!!?  Now THAT was a playground!

*Toddles off to play various shite games on facebook again*

My point wasn't to compare the Zoo's. My point was Barbara made such a fuss about anyone from the previous version of the Zoo commenting on how the new Horizon Zoo didn't seem as active, was boring, etc...now Barbara is ready to remember her good ole zoo days, I just found it ironic and hypocritical that she's kinda' pissing on the Zoo she in part made.

But I will maintain that Jeannette is correct to an extent, this place is fairly unrecognizeable. Of course I'd probably have to be in here more to really see that, but I saw enough to know it was boring that was enough or me to leave.

CRAP! facebook games? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Say it isn't so Mrs. Fish. HA!

What?!?  Words with friends kicks arse compared to this place even if the only person I *do* play against is my Ma, and she cheats like feck!  I mean, who is she trying to kid!?  I've grown up with her for the best part of *gulps* 40 years - I KNOW what her vocabulary is like!  

Ya know - I don't even feel sad about the state of this place.. I'm just 'meh' about it all.  I guess it is what it is.  I do see the irony in it though - Perhaps Alanis could write us a song!

IMO (which is worth shit really) - the very worst thing that ever happened to The Zoo was the day it became a place for subscribers way back when.  Fine, have a fanclub that is paid for with (crap) gifts and presale codes that will get your tickets in the nosebleeds (Yeah, I know you have 2 words Larry), but they killed The Zoo when it because free/paid

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Janette B wrote:

barbara1']

amen to janette!
and hello back to you 123. so glad you still remember me, cause its really been too long since i've been here
embarassed.gif

And so nice to see you here again, Barbara!!!!  
eek.gif
 You should come around more often!!! 
clap.gif

thanx janette! will try, but you know, life, work, family, renovations (endless renovation it seems....) but i do miss those days when we could chat in the countingthread, the pub-threads,... and we knew all bout eachothers day. sigh. i hope they will return again.

and don you miss those days when people came in here and said zhiv and mac (who wasnt gay yet at the time) would have ugly babies?!tongue.gifohwell.gif ...ohhhhhhh.... those memories...ohwell.gif

Yeah I can remember that! Was good fun that....
What are we going to do now it's all been said?

Yeah, I was on here most evenings in the vertigo days.  But now?  As Sue said we tend to connect on Facebook.  And the only reason I'm here is because that's where this thread got flagged up.

And why do we use Facebook?  Partly because it works better than this cluncky site, but mainly because we're on there anyway and can conect with the people we want to speak to over there.

And what would get me back here?  Something happening in the world of U2.  Let's be frank about this, if you are a UK fan the band have done nothing, save one appearance at Glastonbury, for three years.  I couldn't get excited about the AB reissue as most of that was just repackaging stuff I already had - at least for earlier reissues you were getting stuff not previously available on CD or DVD.

U218 with its two single releases and U2 by U2 at least helped plugged the gap between HTDAAB and NLOTH, and gave us something to discuss.  But these days there's nothing happening - let's face it, six of the top eight stories on the news page are about U22 shipping, the other two are people selecting their favourite U2 playlist.  If that's the most newsworthy stuff happening in U2 world...

Pretty much what Mr Scotson said....

i admit i was a total c*** in here to some folk simply because i hate those that think they are the be all and end all of u2 and also those fuckers that come in an try to tell US about u2....wankers. And  few deserved it tbh

Also The Fatman gets a mention too i think some got so fucked off with his preaching etc that they gave up and now Ann Sung Songy (or whatever shes called) is out whats he going to bang on about now????.....tongue.gif

• Subscriber

You know to be perfectly honest I mainly use the white background here as a light source for reading other things.

I'm a quick reader so I tend to flit in and out.

I guess if the Zoo was a beacon of hope; I'd be something akin to a moth.

pimp.gif

• Subscriber

Where the hell is the Bono folder? Must be on the sub side because I don't see it on the free side otherwise I'd read your rant, Allegra.
Here it is in it's all passion and glory...I really did send before Christmas a 7 page letter plus copies of photographs of the $600 AB box sets imploding and some other things like copies of all the complaints on this site, etc...and I made 4 copies, packed each one into 4 large envelopes with each one of their names on it...I know it sounds crazy but I had a lot on my chest to get off...I thought I'd at least try hoping that maybe one member would at least read it...but below is just a short rant I posted I think around April...
Have you received my soapbox letter yet?  

I mailed it before Christmas.

Well???

Will you ever have the balls to type anything here on U2.com or Facebook that you partially own?  Did you know there was a U2 page over there?  Strange how you own all these things that relates to communication, and you never use them to chat directly with the fans.  Now I know you read the boards, but I don't know if you've been reading them lately.  Or is it your assistant that does all the work?  In any case, please let me catch you up on the bullshit...

Why is Live Nation keeping secret as to where our U22 pack is and why has it not been mailed yet?  I gave Live Nation my $40 to resubscribe now almost 2 months ago.  Where in the hell is my merchandise?!?!?!

Also, what is this bullshit that you're now working with boy band songwriter, Carl Falk?!?!?!?!

Are you fooking kidding me?!?!?!?!?!

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Subscriber

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

andy scotson']What are we going to do now it's all been said?

Pretty much what Mr Scotson said....

i admit i was a total c*** in here to some folk simply because i hate those that think they are the be all and end all of u2 and also those fuckers that come in an try to tell US about u2....wankers. And  few deserved it tbh

Also The Fatman gets a mention too i think some got so fucked off with his preaching etc that they gave up and now Ann Sung Songy (or whatever shes called) is out whats he going to bang on about now????.....tongue.gif

AMEN Andy!!!

And good ol' Basher...LOL!!!  You are forgiven!  And you're so right!

By the way Basher...I'm a bigger U2 fan than you are...  tongue.gif

• Subscriber

You know to be perfectly honest I mainly use the white background here as a light source for reading other things.

I'm a quick reader so I tend to flit in and out.

I guess if the Zoo was a beacon of hope; I'd be something akin to a moth.

pimp.gif

My name is Allegra, and I too have used U2.com as a light source.