NLOTH is the new POP

utwothefly

• Subscriber

I was thinking how POP songs haven't been played on the 360 tour and the fact that nloth wasn't the album the band wanted in the fact it didn't have the hits on it or maybe wasn't recieved as they would have liked. Possibly the next tour won't have any of the songs from nloth. I can't see POP songs being played to much on future tours and I think it will be the same for nloth songs. I mean they even dropped breathe! And it turned into an AB tour at the end. How many nloth songs were at glasto?!. Everyone who heard those nloth songs on the 360 tour we done well!, probably will be the last time live.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Yeah, you could be right. I mean if they won't play songs from Horizon during the 360 tour, when would they play them???!!!! I was lucky in that I did get to hear Breathe, Unknown Caller, etc., at least on the first leg, but by the time U2 came back around, those songs were sadly dropped! I guess I should give up hoping to ever hear Fez live!!!

• Community Moderator

Breaks my heart and I want to smack them upside the head..... NLOTH was an amazing album. I hate that they stopped believing that it was an amazing album.

• Subscriber

I think you're right, too. Pop and NLOTH both didn't have radio hits (in the US anyway) and the band is kind of pretending they didn't happen. But Pop is really well-liked amongst the fan base, so maybe in the future NLOTH will be more widely appreciated.

• Subscriber

You're absolutely right. Amazing albums (in fact both in my top five) but simply the band were misguided by sales/radio play. They liked it for a while but then they were dying to get it over with. I think the exception might be MOS, the band has been very supportive of the track and I hope they realize the rest of the album's equally good.

As with POP, I don't see any songs being played unless they seriously reconsider...and I don't see how fans can make them change their mind unless we're vocally expressive at shows with signs and whatnot.

It worked with UV I suppose

• Subscriber

I know you are all bored with me for expressing my love of NLOTH ........ I think the first 4 tracks on the album are some of the finest opening songs of any albums, top 3 for sure....

And I was very sad when they dropped the songs during the third leg of the tour. Really missed unknown caller.

It's funny, I had a very strange dream last night - that I met Bono and the only thing I wanted to tell him was that I loved NLOTH ......

• Subscriber

I know you are all bored with me for expressing my love of NLOTH ........ I think the first 4 tracks on the album are some of the finest opening songs of any albums, top 3 for sure....

And I was very sad when they dropped the songs during the third leg of the tour. Really missed unknown caller.

It's funny, I had a very strange dream last night - that I met Bono and the only thing I wanted to tell him was that I loved NLOTH ......

That's so cute !!!

• Subscriber

I've had several of those dreams! Except that I ask 'why don't you play POP?'... I'm certain that if i meet them that'll be my first question laugh.gif

• Subscriber

Breaks my heart and I want to smack them upside the head..... NLOTH was an amazing album. I hate that they stopped believing that it was an amazing album.

They started to listen to the media and the sales and believed it was a flunk after a certain point on the tour.

Mind you they started to think about the 20th anniversary of Achtung Baby to replace the songs, so it is not all bad eh!!!

roll.gif