Films you have seen?

suee

• Subscriber

I saw Larry Crowne a month or so ago and was a bit shocked. I tried to like it because I enjoy films by both actors, but it was nearly horrible, especially for Julia Roberts. I didn't enjoy her character or her performance at all. It was a bit painful to watch.

Finally saw Dark Knight Rises and while it was a bit long, it was very good.

Matrix topped Equilibrium for me, but Equilibrium was good. I finally saw that a few years ago.

Don't care much for the Spiderman Trilogy, but enjoyed the recent The Amazing Spiderman more than I expected to.

Saw Safe House last week and it was pretty good. Ryan Reynolds held his own.

The most recent movie I watched was The Two Towers. Insomnia night and there it was. Watched the entire thing from 1-4 in the morning! Aaahh! It used to be my favorite of the trilogy, but now I feel I should revisit the others. Or, maybe I was too tired to like it.

One of my all time favorite films is My Brilliant Career. I just mention that one because not many people know of it. It came out years ago and stars a young Judy Davis and Sam Neill.

Sorry, Sigma. I didn't check back for comments.

Extended? You mean The Two Towers. No, it was on cable, so it wasn't. We do own all the extended versions though.

The Hobbit details make me even more excited for it! I wasn't sure I wanted it to be 3 parts w/ a back story, though. The Hobbit wasn't as long or detailed a read as Lord of The Rings, so it will be interesting to see how they write it. Peter Jackson is absolutely brilliant, so I know it will be mind blowing!! 

Oh, and Mac, I'd agree about Tom Hardy. My daughter had no idea it was him. I "discovered" Tom Hardy in the PBS The Virgin Queen where he played Robert Dudley. James McAvoy's wife played Queen Elizabeth. Very good mini series. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0481459/combined 

I also agree about the Batman/Bruce Wayne thing. I've always wondered how it was such a mystery! wink.gif

I like Batman Begins best of the three. I'll never be able to get over the Heath Ledger tragedy.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Saw "Paul" on DVD at the weekend, the Simon Pegg/alien film, it was a nice watch, a bit of silly fun if you're in the mood to chill out and not have to think too much! I do like Simon Pegg, he's a funny fellahappy.gif

• Subscriber

Saw "Paul" on DVD at the weekend, the Simon Pegg/alien film, it was a nice watch, a bit of silly fun if you're in the mood to chill out and not have to think too much! I do like Simon Pegg, he's a funny fellahappy.gif

He was filming a movie in my local town last week! A new friend of mine at college works in a cafe, and actually served him and chatted with him for a bit!

• Subscriber

Spaced, watch that!

• Subscriber

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

Anjana']Saw "Paul" on DVD at the weekend, the Simon Pegg/alien film, it was a nice watch, a bit of silly fun if you're in the mood to chill out and not have to think too much! I do like Simon Pegg, he's a funny fella
happy.gif

He was filming a movie in my local town last week! A new friend of mine at college works in a cafe, and actually served him and chatted with him for a bit!

ohhhhh lucky ducky!! I bet he is a nice chap, I think he's a bit of a genius! I watched Hot Fuzz on telly again t'other day, just brilliant! And I watch Run Fat Boy Run over and over, can't resist that locker room scene with Hank Azaria, sooooo funny!

..sorry am going on...

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

Anjana']Saw "Paul" on DVD at the weekend, the Simon Pegg/alien film, it was a nice watch, a bit of silly fun if you're in the mood to chill out and not have to think too much! I do like Simon Pegg, he's a funny fella
happy.gif

Spaced, watch that!

I keep meaning to get the series from LoveFilm, saw the original series, genius! Have caught a few repeats while flicking channels but would be worth a watch from start to finish again

• Subscriber

LoveFilm have sent us I Don't Know How She Does It, so that's tonight's viewing, I have a feeling it might be a bit naff and hubsy will probably resort to playing games on his ipad with boredom but I'll give it a whirl and report back!shv.gif