And you thought your morning sucks,,

illumination70

Not to poke-fun or make light of a scary situation,but I was thinking about how depressing Monday mornings are until I ran across this video on You tube.  The video features a Tsunami warning siren going off at 6AM on Honolulu, Hawaii which had me realize things could always be worse than over-sleeping, no coffee in the house,etc.

• Subscriber

They test the system all over Hawaii on a regular basis and give out notice as to when it's going to happen- probably what was in the video, but it would be scary if you didn't know it was coming, lol. There's signs all over the roads and on certain beaches. I remember hiking on the Na Pali Trail in Kauai and just as we were descending to a lovely beach, right in the middle of the trail was a huge tsunami warning sign - put a damper on our enjoyment of the beach for sure.

Good lesson though . . . no matter how bad we have it, it is worse for someone else somewhere in the world!!!

That 6am siren was from 2011. Civil Defense tests are on the 1st of each month at exactly 12 noon. Last for 2 mins on average. Can hear it all the way over here. That 6am, if I recall was them announcing the expected tsunami was close to reacihing us. Kona and Maui got the wave AFTER they lifted the tsunami warning.

I just had a thought, can you imagine those poor souls who are tourists and aren't aware of the sirens until they're woken up by them screaming in their ears that morning.  In fact, I would wonder how Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry would be like because I imagine they would be throwing some pretty harsh words at the person who was in charge of the emergency alert system.