Fitness Goals

Yeah, its been mental here with the sharks. I got everything from tigers to lemons and just about every kind in between. My husband was diving the other day down off  Sebastian Inlet and he said the turtles are lined up on the reefs, whenever that happens with the cold upwelling we got going on, it becomes downright dangerous in the water. Swear to God the past 5 times I have been in the water I freaked, they were everywhere and frenzying. You gotta get outta the surf or you are just asking to get bit. We banned long lining years ago and now we are getting back to the shark populations I remember as a child here. FEET UP!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I have recently read about hot yoga, I think it is yoga in a heated room so that it helps relaxing the muscles (i think).

As for me, I will join a Pilates class at the end of a month. I have already done Pilates with a dvd, and enjoyed it a lot, but now I want to have a coach and hopefully progress...

I cannot run at the moment because of the warmth over here, so running will wait after the holidays, mid October, so that it should be a perfect and cooler time...

For me, running & pilates seem to complete each other, and i enjoy both! Now i just hope that my body won't mind either!!!

In a hot room . . . .  like a sauna? Its so hot around here, I guess any exercise I do would be considered "hot", lol.  I can't imagine running or taking a walk until it cools down some . . . . . . . tongue.gif
  • Subscriber
Yeah, its been mental here with the sharks. I got everything from tigers to lemons and just about every kind in between. My husband was diving the other day down off  Sebastian Inlet and he said the turtles are lined up on the reefs, whenever that happens with the cold upwelling we got going on, it becomes downright dangerous in the water. Swear to God the past 5 times I have been in the water I freaked, they were everywhere and frenzying. You gotta get outta the surf or you are just asking to get bit. We banned long lining years ago and now we are getting back to the shark populations I remember as a child here. FEET UP!
They are thinking of lifting the ban on shark hunting restrictions, but for the mommment its just talk..
  • Subscriber

Been eating heaps of vegies lately, mum and I, my daughter eats junk food but she still eats certain healthy things now and then but her boyfriend is shocking, he does not like vegies or hardly and fruit so all he eats is meat and junk food, its a real concern bc he used to be such a thin boy but hes getting really on the chubby side and hes only 20, I hope someone can talk some sense into him, bc hes heading for a young stroke victim, i've a few times tried telling him but he sortof ignores me, doesnt really acknowledge the seriousness and there's nothing I can really do.. He was a fussy child I was told..

I've been walking alot :o)

but im being careful not to overdo it..

• Subscriber
Been eating heaps of vegies lately, mum and I, my daughter eats junk food but she still eats certain healthy things now and then but her boyfriend is shocking, he does not like vegies or hardly and fruit so all he eats is meat and junk food, its a real concern bc he used to be such a thin boy but hes getting really on the chubby side and hes only 20, I hope someone can talk some sense into him, bc hes heading for a young stroke victim, i've a few times tried telling him but he sortof ignores me, doesnt really acknowledge the seriousness and there's nothing I can really do.. He was a fussy child I was told..

I've been walking alot :o)

but im being careful not to overdo it..

He's probably in denial about it!
  • Subscriber

[quote name='Janette B wrote:

chrissie']I have recently read about hot yoga, I think it is yoga in a heated room so that it helps relaxing the muscles (i think).

As for me, I will join a Pilates class at the end of a month. I have already done Pilates with a dvd, and enjoyed it a lot, but now I want to have a coach and hopefully progress...

I cannot run at the moment because of the warmth over here, so running will wait after the holidays, mid October, so that it should be a perfect and cooler time...

For me, running & pilates seem to complete each other, and i enjoy both! Now i just hope that my body won't mind either!!!

In a hot room . . . .  like a sauna? Its so hot around here, I guess any exercise I do would be considered "hot", lol.  I can't imagine running or taking a walk until it cools down some . . . . . . . eek.gif

• Subscriber

Played football/Soccer for the first time last Sunday and i'm still recovering!, the ground was hard and i was wearing multiground boots which arent forgiving. Feels like my legs are still in shock!, still aching and its now Wednesday lol