Very cheeky request...

• Subscriber

I've not been on here, or atleast not posted for a very very long time, however i used to be a frequent visitor back in the day. The reason for the post is to ask for the support from fellow U2 supporters, as to be honest they are the majority of my friends.

I'm doing a skydive in October to raise money for the Stroke Association (a UK charity). This is because my nan had a severe stroke earlier in the year and has had a long battle to recover from it and get to where she is. She is out of hospital and out of rehab but unfortunately she is yet to walk and has no function in her left arm. This has devastated her as she was a very independent lady.

Along with my 2 cousins we are jumping out of a plane so we can raise money for the charity so they can continue their hard work and also support my nan as well as others with their recovery.

Seing my nan like she was devastated the family and just shows how life can easily be taken away from you. Luckily my nan survived the stroke, but we will not give up in getting her mobility back. I have a justgiving page set up so i can raise the much needed funds. If you would be so kind to support me with a donation or even just moral support on here i would be very grateful. Every penny, every comment and every thought will help me in the crazy quest to give my nan the boost that she needs. THANK YOU!!!

https://www.justgiving.com/Emma-King12

IMG_0621.jpg

I've been out the loop for a long time so i hope you don't think im being cheeky doing this. I just need to spread the word as much as possible so i can raise the money for the stroke association and my nan. The photo was taken in October last year, before the stroke, at my sisters wedding! THATS the nan i want back. Thank you.
  • Subscriber

Oh I do remember you, you were just recently married last time we heard from you, sorry about your Nan, but I really commend you for the support you are doing for stroke awareness and unfortunately things are tight for me so I cannot donate, but best wishes to you and your friends as well as family :o)

• Subscriber

Very close - it was my sister who got married. Now its just me and my cat living in the flat. But thank you for the comment and the support. I don't think my nan realises how crazy a skydive is but she's still very supportive :-) Will post pics when i've done. its at the end of october so not too far away.

My life is crazy with work so i've neglected this forum recently. Will have to try and post some more. :-)

• Subscriber

Very close - it was my sister who got married. Now its just me and my cat living in the flat. But thank you for the comment and the support. I don't think my nan realises how crazy a skydive is but she's still very supportive :-) Will post pics when i've done. its at the end of october so not too far away.

My life is crazy with work so i've neglected this forum recently. Will have to try and post some more. :-)

Good luck to you and best wishes for your nan.  I hope she regains more of her mobility. 

• Subscriber

Aww thank you very much guys. i really appreciate the support of my fellow U2 friends.

Alec, I'm afraid i can't come to Edinburgh, work is crazy and couldn't get time off. One day i will be able to drag myself to a meet up. Hopefully the next one wont be a million miles away.

Skydive is confirmed for 20th October, that will be here in a flash. Bloody crapping myself now lol. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quick bump :-)

I have such a long way to go. Wanted to raise in excess of £400. Please help where you can.

Not long until i jump out of a plane now. Crazy. And thanks for your support guys :-)