Gavin Friday: New U2 Material Is 'Quite Different'

Malahide

• Subscriber

@U2, August 19, 2012

By: Matt McGee / @mattmcgee

Gavin Friday, U2's longtime mate, appeared Saturday morning on RTE Radio One's Weekend On One program and, in between playing some of his favorite songs, he also spoke with host Cathal Murray about a variety of topics ... including U2. The short conversation included this exchange about U2's album plans.

Murray: Is it true they have a new record in the pipeline? They have a few new records in the pipeline, don't they?

Friday: They always have a new record in the pipeline and it's always their best. "Can you just shut up and just make it?" (laughs) -- is my advice.

Murray: Have you heard the new material?

Friday: I've heard a bit of -- Danger Mouse is producing it, so it's quite different.

Murray: Is there a release date yet?

Friday: I don't know with them. Next year, maybe.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Believe when I see official confirmation with a date release...they were going to release Songs of Ascent remember...and then there was a new thing that was supposed to be out last year, this year, next year...

• Subscriber

Believe when I see official confirmation with a date release...they were going to release Songs of Ascent remember...and then there was a new thing that was supposed to be out last year, this year, next year...

Silly Mac. Not only is 50 the new 40 and 40 the new 30, but this year is the new last year and next year is the same! tongue02.gif