SLANE 2013 ???

gary-paul

The possibility of TWO Slane shows have all but been confirmed but the identity of who exactly is to headline is TBC, Lord Henry indicated that he was looking at the possibility of two concerts in 2013, as two major acts have come up. "The likelihood is that one will be in June and one in August," he said this week. He pointed out that there was a precedent for two shows in one year, going back to 2001 when U2 played two concerts, one week apart. "Next year would be a completely different scenario as there would be two separate acts,"  [/font]He would not comment on who the acts might be, or if they had played at Slane before..[/font]
There have been 20 concerts at Slane since the first in 1981, which was headlined by Thin Lizzy and featured emerging Irish act, U2.[/font]
Would you like to see U2 back at Slane ?? Personally to me I'd say NO - I much prefer Croker, Slane can be a nightmare to get to & From.[/font]

[/font]
Anyhow - Im sure more will be revealed in time.[/font]

• Subscriber

Let the rumours begin...... Before long i bet there will be rumours of U2 playing in every city in the world after two possible concerts by two acts at Slane Castle in 2013 being announced........