• Subscriber

Interesting.

Tim

From www.billboard.com

Jack White Forms The Dead Weather

Jack White's new band.

March 12, 2009 10:46 AM ET

Michael D. Ayers, N.Y.

Jack White has formed a new group called The Dead Weather with The Kills frontwoman Alison Mosshart. White takes drum and vocal duties, while The Raconteursbassist Jack Lawrence and Queens of the Stoneage guitarist Dean Fertita round the four piece out.

The group debuted a handful of new tracks last night (March 11) in Nasvhille from their forthcoming album "Horehound," due June 9 on White'sThird Man Records imprint. Two of the songs are available now on iTunes: "Hang You From The Heavens" and a cover of Gary Numan's "AreFriends Electric?"

The group performed for an intimate crowd of 150 at the opening of White's new headquarters. The office includes not only the label office, but also avinyl shop, photography studio and performance stage.

The Dead Weather is planning to support "Horehound" with a tour this June.

• Subscriber

I first saw Jack White with Meg open for the Rolling Stones in 2002 and did not like how hollow I felt the sound was without a larger band on stage. That saidI enjoyed their material and came to accept the White Stripes as they were and when I saw them again at bonnaroo in 2007 they blew me away.

I have seen the Raconteurs three times in Toronto in 2006, bonnaroo in 2008 and Pittsburgh also in 2008 and I have to say I enjoy Jack more with the largerband on stage. But both groups are worth seeing live.

It will be interesting how the Dead Weather are, it would be interesting to see Jack drum, yet if he is not at least playing guitar for a portion of the set Iwould not travel too far or spend too much to see his newest band.

Peace,

Tim