River turned red in China

wahine

this is the same China that sold the world adulterated infant milk-killing babies!

so focused on industrial prowess, they have horrible air and water pollution too.

profit over safety, and political corruption rule...

what would be more shocking, is if their sky actually turned blue!

on a humorous/Far Side scientific note, perhaps mutants and zoombies will be the end result......

(sorry! sometimes, cant help funny bone)

Yeah....I am a little nervous about this...Revelations. The third largest river in the world just turned red on Thursday.
wahine, I just had a freakish moment myself....sitting here online at about 2:30 AM, I started to hear what sounded like a mixture of barking, meowing, and howling.

I froze immediately and my fear factor shot up....

It got louder and louder....and sounded more whiny and more and more like actual howling...

Remembering the movie Cujo, and other Dracula type movies....I went to my window and peered into pitch blackness....

It was so loud and now I could clearly hear that it was indeed howling....

wolves. or coyotes.

Never heard them in my life.....only on TV or in movies.....

Since when are their packs of wolves or coyotes running around in NY, LA, Chicago, or other metro areas?

Big city girl all my life-this was creepy!!!frown.giffrown.gif

Whats up with the animals lately???

• Subscriber

Often, we see these kind of prophecies as mystical, and we don't take responsibility for how actions have brought upon these consequences.  It's an overload of phosphorous in the water system.  That's why, when there was a leap in consciousness in the 1960's and 1970's in US of America,  people started taking more responsibility and involvement in government processes, The EPA set regulations for phosphates.. Hence.. The Clean Water Act.  This legislation has been somewhat effective in preserving and protecting water resources in the country, at least some improvement...a long way to go....  I believe often so much energy goes into enforcing regulation, people can be so resistant, especially Americans, when what we really need is a broad overhaul of concepts, an how we as humans relate to our environment....

I feel challenged by my own skepticism. The problem seems overwhelming. I often feel like there is this other layer of people where they congratulate each other so much for what they are doing environmentally and become self- righteous and judgemental. Thus, proclaiming thier beliefs as prophecy, when most things are just common sense.rolleyes.gif 

I apologize if this is a personal rant. ohwell.gif (I could go on but I'll spare you smile.gif)

• Subscriber

lol hestia I do agree, but they are probably self righteous because they seem to be the only ones taking care of our future.. And in some ways it is true.. So many people need awareness in all aspects of the fact that man is ruining this earth..