Zoo Musical Review!

Anjana

• Subscriber

Hey zooies, wondered if you'd be interested in sharing your reviews about bands and new albums in here?  

The Killers thread was interesting to read and I don't know about you but I'm quite bored with listening to the same ol thing and would really like your recommendations - am quite out of touch to be honest and looking for new stuff.

Help me!!laugh.gif
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
I bought the new Elbow album (Dead in the Boot) t'other day - I dunno about it tho - I love Elbow, have most of their albums but this one left me, well bored, to be honest. I do admire how they haven't caved to commercial pressure and stuck to their great, almost geeky in a nice way, experiments with sound but can't say I enjoyed this album much - a grower maybe?

Anyone else have any views on it?
  • Subscriber

Thanx Maggie (and hi!happy.gif) I'll check out Black Keys on youtube. 

I haven't quite got into Muse (Peter may have me on that one!) but I keep hearing them everywhere and they haven't quite hit the mark with me yet, I still need convincing lol
  • Subscriber

I bought the new Elbow album (Dead in the Boot) t'other day - I dunno about it tho - I love Elbow, have most of their albums but this one left me, well bored, to be honest. I do admire how they haven't caved to commercial pressure and stuck to their great, almost geeky in a nice way, experiments with sound but can't say I enjoyed this album much - a grower maybe?

I love Elbow! Saw them twice live! And also bought their new album, didn't had the time to take a good listen, heard some good songs, but wasn't as impressed as I was with 'Build A Rocket Boys'. But absolutely love Guy Garvey! I think he's the second best front man ever, after Bono of course ;)
  • Subscriber

[quote name='maarten wrote:

Anjana']

I love Elbow! Saw them twice live! And also bought their new album, didn't had the time to take a good listen, heard some good songs, but wasn't as impressed as I was with 'Build A Rocket Boys'. But absolutely love Guy Garvey! I think he's the second best front man ever, after Bono of course ;)

I've seen them twice too. Excellent. Thing about this one is that it's a b-sides and rarities collection so it's probably not gonna quite match up with the quality of the studio albums.

• Subscriber

New Muse album is awesome, very varied stuff. Supremacy and Liquid State are the top tracks on there for me cos they rock the most. I think Follow Me is much better than Unsustainable if we're talking dubstep attempts. Save Me, Panic Station, Animals and Isolated System are the other essentials on it - but the rest of the album is still far superior to The Resistance.

• Subscriber

Switchfoot - saw them last night. LOVED them!!

Airborne Toxic Event

Mutemath

Florence and the Machine

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Silversun Pickups

Metric

Bush

I like the Black Keys, but they are WAY overplayed on the alternative and rock radio around here. 

I enjoyed the Shins' Port of Morrow this summer. Have you heard Garbage's new album? On my list to check out because I've either heard their songs on the HD2 and HD3 Alternative/Indie stations with my new HD radio or they were recommended on the @U2 board are: The Lumineers, XX, Passion Pit, The Afghan Whigs and The Gaslight Anthem.

Just saw this from Jools Holland's show - http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2012/09/watch-muse-and-the-xx-perform-on-jools-holland/ I really like Angels by XX live.

Im watching the X Factor on television, and Im loving all of the fresh, new talent thats appearing in auditions...

the future of music is gonna be quite bright indeed!

so very much talent!!

very exciting to watch these up and comers

Archived