US Debate!

danielsentana

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I liked hearing from the candidates w/o their handlers and spin meisters. Wish it had started at least a month ago. Let the candidates address the issues and tell us themselves where they stand.

Here's a representative article of the general opinion of the media on last night's debate and also a fact check article.

http://news.yahoo.com/aft...t-if-we-have-a-race.html

http://www.nbcnewyork.com...Missteps--172626351.html

I cant vote for a creep who thinks that the non tax paying citizens don't matter to him.

Hes so bone headed, he forgot that some active military aren't paying taxes right now.

Children aren't paying taxes.

Many elderly, people sick in hospital and some people who are disabled as well.

They're useless eaters, eh, Romney??

Lets round them up.....

what a complete idiot.

Can you see him trying to delicately negotiate foreign relations?

• Subscriber

mittromneyatchipotle.jpg

Fantastic Spicy!!
I think he's an ass but I must admit he was a more aggressive speaker the other day. He needs to be 
Obama look tired but at the same time knew what the game is all about. We shall see!

With people saying that Romney crushed Obama on the 1st debate, must have fallen for his lies. I think Obama's strategy was to get Romney to talk...to reveal his plans, which he didn't... to blabber on more than he usually does. I think Romney doesn't want to reveal much of his plan, so he can flip-flop (like in the 1st debate) and say what people want to hear. Doesn't mean he'll follow through. Romney still hasn't mentioned where all the money is going to come from when he cuts taxes straight across the board. I don't think he'll close loopholes for the rich, they will make him close his overseas accounts. All of a sudden, Romney is for the middle-class. One thing I noticed, during the RNC, was that George W. Bush was nowhere to be found. Romney is trying to separate himself from Bush, yet his plan seems similar. He hasn't mentioned about putting an end to outsourcing, and off-shore accounts. Watch for Obama to use the first debate against Romney on the 2nd and 3rd debate. With whatever strategy Obama has in mind, I think he could've thrown the 47% comment at him...now Romney is flip-flopping again (reminds me of John Kerry), saying he was completely wrong in saying that (it's because he got caught!). He (Obama) should've defended the last 4yrs. too. He could've made a stronger point of killing Osama in Pakistan, meaning that the war in Iraq could've been stopped sooner than later. That would've saved more lives and money funding the Iraqi War. I still think Cheney banked on that war.

I don't know, I'm not strong on both (I wanted Hillary to win over Obama)...one is lying and the other is not acting upon it quickly enough. Then you also have the vice-president and his opposing candidate (Mr. Gaff vs. Mr. Liar). I'm a realist, and know that it does take longer for this recovery to happen. But when you have the president act in a manner like he did, at the 1st debate, shows no confidence in his agenda. For me personally, this whole thing is about what came 1st: the chicken or the egg? It should be about supply and demand...both depend on each other to survive. Having the rich gaining more profits (like the gas companies), yet not trickling down to the middle-class will gain more opposition in that income bracket. On the other side, giving out welfare as hand outs is not helping either...they will just settle. The money has to start circulating again. Just like the Great Depression, it stopped circulating. I think big corporations need to give incentives to their customers (mainly the middle-class), at the same time earning limitless profit for doing so. However, keep the jobs in the U.S., so the workers (mainly the middle-class) can earn and basically pay back the big corporations (by purchasing their products)...it's a cycle! More production within this country means more exporting than importing. As for education, I almost had to drop out, during the Bush years. My dad lost his job, due to outsourcing, luckily my auntie co-signed for my student loan. I was going to a private school, yet there were no public colleges that had the same quality program. I'm fortunate to be working in the field I studied in. However, tuition needs to be lowered if you want parents to encourage their kids to pursue their dreams.

If Romney's plan was it, how come the 2 riches men in the U.S. are for Obama? How come a lot of the A-listers are on Obama's side? On the other hand, the majority of my friends support Romney. These people come from modest living conditions, the working-class. When I worked production for the RNC, I was surprised that there were a lot of gay supporters for Romney. At the same time, I know a lot of military personnel that support Obama...ones that have fought in the Iraq/Afghanistan wars. So that says a lot of where their supporters are coming from. My work place is divided. The 2 owners of the company are on opposing sides. The majority owner is more on the Democratic side, while the other is a Republican. This has been our busiest year in its 17yr. existence.