U2's most over-rated album

daltonsisters

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I like No Line on the Horizon; how can I call myself a U2 super nerd and not like all their albums, right? I just think it is not their best. Love Unknown Caller. And Breathe and Boots are great rock-and-roll fun. But what is seen by many as the masterpiece of the album, Moment of Surrender, is, to me, a weak song. I already said my bit on that song on the home page article, so I will shut my cake hole now.

• Subscriber

really don't like this poll, nothings over-rated! Joshua Tree is most over-rated album when I look at the poll, that not true, there is NO over-rated album. Where The Streets Have No Names gives me shivers, With Or Without You makes me cry, Bullet The Blue Sky gets me crazy every time, Running To Stand Still is amazing, I Still Haven't Found What I'm looking For was one of the highlights in the 360°set!

• Subscriber

For me it's October.

I joined the ride with War, and then the U.Fire E.P. before working backwards to Boy, then October.

I've listened to October from start to finish.....once.

I've tried side 1 and a 2 separately maybe a few times.

That record is just too....angular for my ears.

pimp.gif

• Subscriber
I've always thought it's ATYCLB. It combined too many things for me, first, a public trashing to their 90's sound (POP) and trying to get back to the JT style of music. I don't feel an artist should try to sound the same than at some point in their career, so that was disappointing. 
But above all is the 2nd half of the album (minus When I Look). 6/12 songs are totally forgettable and laughable efforts, and have nothing of the rock U2 often delivers.

Plus BD, Elevation and Walk On, for example, are very uplifting but definitely shouldn't be played almost every show.

(runs away hysterically) roll.gif

• Subscriber

Zooropa for me. After AB it was a bit of a let down imo, and lets face it they were songs not thought good enough for AB at the time. I'm sure they had most of those songs already done even though they done the album while on tour.

• Subscriber

Behind and Bomb used to be my 2 favourite U2 albums. But now when I listen to them, I don't get that feeling I used to get from listening to them. It doesn't quite match the feeling I got listening to Achtung Baby & Zooropa earlier.