What Other Muisc Do You Buy (condition unimportant)

Sigma957

I'll start

Recently:

Big Country

FIXX

A Flock of Seagulls

Alarm

U2 vinyl originals

CDs for the FIXX's first 3 albums cannot be found new. There is a BIG demand for the original versions of 'Red Skies' and 'Stand Or Fall'. The 1994 redux has been a big negative. 'Phantoms' is the hardest to acquire for less than 40.0 USD (used). 'Walkabout' once in awhile pops up in the used aftermarket. I lucked out and found an above average condition copy last week for under 25.00 USD.

The same is happening with the Alarms's CD back catalog. There are 2 versions each of 'Eyes of the Hurricane', Electric Folklore Live and 'Strength' out there. The remastered expanded ones are the pricey ones.

Same with Big Country. You can still get good condition copies of Crossing, Steeltown, Seer, Peace In Our Time and Buffalo Skinners for a good fair price. It's the others, No Place Like Home, Why the Long Face and Driving to Damascus/John Wayne's Dream that are harder to come by. Driving To Damascus has about 5 different CD versions alone. I don't know if Stuart Adamson's death is what drove the unabated demand but it's 12 years later (almost 13) and Big Country's catalogue is still highly collectible.

I'm only a few albums away from completing my Steely Dan vinyl collection! I buy a lot of vinyl because they're cheaper than CDs... haha!
peaceloveu2, im with you..vinyl is cheaper and more fun to go hunting for at resale shops and used book stores, not to mention garage sales.

I think it just sounds a whole lot better as well, compared to cds.

theyre more fun to look at too with the liner notes and album cover design art...

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

peaceloveu2']I'm only a few albums away from completing my Steely Dan vinyl collection! I buy a lot of vinyl because they're cheaper than CDs... haha!

peaceloveu2, im with you..vinyl is cheaper and more fun to go hunting for at resale shops and used book stores, not to mention garage sales.

I think it just sounds a whole lot better as well, compared to cds.

theyre more fun to look at too with the liner notes and album cover design art...

The album art and liner notes are half the fun! wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

After losing 2 auctions on eBay and not trying on the 3rd I finally snagged

FIXX 'Phantoms' on Amazon yesterday.

Amazon is a curious thing, sellers sometimes mis-label their products or put them in wrong categories. In this instance, rather 3 instances, 3 Amazon sellers had the VERY out of print CD under the vinyl category. I ran through the list of USED items and found them. I thanked each of them for the error. I cleaned out all 3 copies from Amazon, 2 @ 9.99 and a NEW sealed copy for 19.99. Sometimes mistakes are good.

Very happy. I can resell 2 of them for some cash in an emergency. And of late it's possible.

I paid 220.00 for 19 Big Country CDs last week on eBay. It seems like a lot to pay to the average eye but the CDs it covered are worth way more than what it sold for.

7 of the 9 'Rarities' (I-IV, VI-VIII, the out of print extended 'Peace In Our Time', 'Driving To Damascus' (the extra 4 track one), 'Come Up Screaming', 'No Place Like Home', 'Crossing' (red cover), 'Why the Long Face' (extended), 'Buffalo Skinners', They are all out of print and won't be printed again.

Expect a torrent somewhere soon.