U2 Live (here now)

gary-paul

Would you be interested in a U2 ''Live Her Now'' CD if they decided to do it (on next tour) ??

FOR ANYONE WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHAT IT IS :  They basically record the band's show at each venue during a tour and then a specially made CD / download is made available to buy from that show by fans (either attending or online for fans outside that country - It has proved a huge success (and earner) for Depeche Mode and I was lucky enough to see exactly how it worked and the set up in Dublin in 2006 (quite impressive) I bought the Dublin show from 'The Point'

As far as I know the company LIVE HERE NOW is actually part of the MUTE record lable, bands that have used this are Heaven 17 (remember them)  Goldfrapp, Erasure and of course Depeche Mode who have had it on the last two tours (Angel & Universe Tours)

So - IF U2 were to do this (Im actually surprised they haven't) would you be interested (I know I'd get the Dublin show) and quite possibly one or two other shows from the tour too...

Any Thoughts ..??

DMLHN.png

• Subscriber

I've seen other bands do something similar. Red Hot Chili Peppers record each of their shows and then put them on a big internet store to download for about $10. I still have yet to download the Knebworth gig I went to though! Linkin Park do it too, but in a different way - at the show, you can purchase a special code which you can use to download the gig afterwards for free. If you haven't got a code, you have to pay about $10.

It'd be really cool if U2 did something like this, I agree.

• Subscriber

Yes!

I'd love to see the audio and video of every concert for sale as downloads.

When I was watching the show in Atlanta, I was wishing that there was a way to keep the visuals being projected on the screens. The cinematography was incredible and it was such a shame that the camera work of that night (and every night) won't be seen again.

• Subscriber

U2 should have done this at least for the 360 tour, given that the shows were around for download with quality recordings from soundboards

Hopefully we don't get only one official material from the next tour...

And whatever happened to those shows broadcast through U2.com? Will we be able to download sometime?

• Subscriber

I wouldn't mind it at all. But U2 is also known for having practically every show of theirs recorded by fans too! I wonder what would happen to those guys if this were take off somehow...

They're the kind of people who film and watch the whole thing through their video camera, instead of actually enjoying the show there and then. Those people would probably stop filming the show and just enjoy it as it's happening!

• Subscriber

Yes! Surprised Live Nation has not caught onto the idea of this fantastic money making idea. Considering the amount of people that attended the 360 tour I am amazed Live Nation did not see money signs in their eyes.

Plus I would love to have owned a soundboard recording of the Cardiff show.